Home

Does this look smoother or am I Wrong?

This is a discussion on Does this look smoother or am I Wrong? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Does this look smoother or am I Wrong?

Just saw Madden on the Wii U and to me Madden looked smoother than the XBOX and PS3 versions.

I will say after seeing this Video Im getting a Wii U. NBA2k3 looked better also.

Am I wrong? Madden is at the 1:44 mark. Its a short clip of both games. I wish they showed more.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/5...-games-montage
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 10:55 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Does this look smoother or am I Wrong?

Eh I don't really see it, looks like the same exact game with the robotic animations.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #3
Rookie

AmericasTeam's Arena

OVR: 1
There's no way to tell with a 5 second clip. Have fun playing without the Infinity Engine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-13-2012, 11:13 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Just saw Madden on the Wii U and to me Madden looked smoother than the XBOX and PS3 versions.

I will say after seeing this Video Im getting a Wii U. NBA2k3 looked better also.

Am I wrong? Madden is at the 1:44 mark. Its a short clip of both games. I wish they showed more.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/5...-games-montage
It does look that way, but I'm sure it is just a EA touch up job.

Will be interesting to see. Still, same issues on the wii U I bet

I just played madden 10 and as far as graphics during gameplay go, Madden 10 smokes madden 13. Cut scenes Madden 13 kills Madden 10. Also Madden 13 has the better overall gameplay (mostly due to suction) and looks better in "motion" for the most part. But as far as art work and during gameplay graphics, Madden 10 is far beyond madden 13. It's not even close. Color, lighting, grass, helmets, stadiums, better camera angles,etc all look better in Madden 10.

IMO other then cut scenes, the art work guy should be looking back at Madden 10 and scratching his head what went wrong. The new lighting isn't even close to Madden 10, fire it up and take a look. I should post screen shots...

Edited**
Here it is, look with your own eyes. Eat your heart out Madden 13, your not even close during gameplay. Madden 10's lighting, color, helmets, grass, and detail own Madden 13. Watch in HD

Again, I'm not talking about player model shapes, running animations, or any form of animations or gameplay. I'm talking about the art work. Madden 10 only need player model adjustments, fix faces, and from there work on animations IMO. Madden 13's art work during gameplay is garbage

Edit:
Here is Madden 13. Start at the 10 second marker (gameplay)....look at the lighting. Terrible. No grass detail at all. I like Madden 13's more green grass look, but they removed all the detail and now it just looks weird at times. Also Madden 13 is blurry on the 360, and sharp but jaggy on the PS3. Colors aren't right either.

Last edited by wheelman990; 09-14-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:13 AM   #5
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

No. Nintendo say that the graphics should be on par with the PS3 and the 360. So a brand new console can only match what's been on the market for over half a decade. So not only does it look the same, but it's pathetic on Nintendo's part that it looks the same.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 12:17 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990

I just played madden 10 and as far as graphics during gameplay go, Madden 10 smokes madden 13. Cut scenes Madden 13 kills Madden 10. Also Madden 13 has the better overall gameplay (mostly due to suction) and looks better in "motion" for the most part. But as far as art work and during gameplay graphics, Madden 10 is far beyond madden 13. It's not even close. Color, lighting, grass, helmets, stadiums, better camera angles,etc all look better in Madden 10.

IMO other then cut scenes, the art work guy should be looking back at Madden 10 and scratching his head what went wrong. The new lighting isn't even close to Madden 10, fire it up and take a look. I should post screen shots...

Edited**
Here it is, look with your own eyes. It your heart out Madden 13, not even close during gameplay. Madden 10's lighting, color, helmets, grass, and detail own Madden 13. Watch in HD

Again, I'm not talking about player model shapes, running animations, or any form of animations or gameplay. I'm talking about the art work. Madden 10 only need player model adjustments, fix faces, and from there work on animations IMO. Madden 13's art work during gameplay is garbage

Edit:
Here is Madden 13. Start at the 10 second marker (gameplay)....look at the lighting. Terrible. No grass detail at all. I like Madden 13's more green grass look, but they removed all the detail and now it just looks weird at times. Also Madden 13 is blurry on the 360, and sharp but jaggy on the PS3. Colors aren't right either.
Madden 10, my favorite on the 360/PS3 consoles. I was so disappointed when Ian Cummings stepped down; he has been the only guy to get the "offline sim community" and make progress towards a more realism - gameplay/presentation.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:27 AM   #7
Banned

MikeLove's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990

snip

You understand that upgrading the player models to be better and everything will take away from the lighting and things like that that '10 did right? You cant just keep making everything look better on the same hardware and keep a consistent framerate. You cant just be like well other than everything that 13 is better at, 10 looks great!

And OP: its a 5 second promotional videoclip.....
Old 09-14-2012, 12:48 AM   #8
Pro

P21J's Arena

OVR: 12

Wow, that Madden 10 video made me wish that EA had stuck with the '10 camera...the details on the players are so much more noticeable and of course, the footplanting is kind of nice. If they didn't have such a monumental collapse in '11...I can only imagine what the Wii U/X360/PS3 gameplay would be like
MLB: New York Yankees
SOCCER: Real Madrid/ Man United

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »