Home

anyway to change 3-4 to 4-3 defense/vice versa

This is a discussion on anyway to change 3-4 to 4-3 defense/vice versa within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
anyway to change 3-4 to 4-3 defense/vice versa

in madden 13, is there a way to change your default playbook/base defense from being to 3-4 to 4-3 defense and vice versa.

I know you can create playbooks, but I'd like to be able to change the default defense and not have to worry about loading playbooks and selecting them for teams all the time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: anyway to change 3-4 to 4-3 defense/vice versa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo2thewillyo
in madden 13, is there a way to change your default playbook/base defense from being to 3-4 to 4-3 defense and vice versa.

I know you can create playbooks, but I'd like to be able to change the default defense and not have to worry about loading playbooks and selecting them for teams all the time
you can choose from any of the playbooks in the game (not created) A) when you create your coach) B) before every game.

I use the 3-4 Playbook for the Bills and have thus turned them from a 4-3 to a 3-4 Defense. in theory
Old 09-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
you can choose from any of the playbooks in the game (not created) A) when you create your coach) B) before every game.

I use the 3-4 Playbook for the Bills and have thus turned them from a 4-3 to a 3-4 Defense. in theory
Why in theory?
Old 09-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

OVR: 8

Some have said that when you change you're scheme's after a year it will change to 3-4 or 4-3 depending on what kind of scheme you choose.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamemaster-2005
Some have said that when you change you're scheme's after a year it will change to 3-4 or 4-3 depending on what kind of scheme you choose.
Am I just totally oblivious to something? Because no where have I seen a place where you can change your coach's scheme. Player position types yes, but coaching scheme no! As far as I can tell and surmise by a few of the more knowledgeable posts on here, created coaches are getting the west coast O scheme Spread (lol) D scheme.

And I've had the same position schemes and 3-4 playbook for my 3 years as a coach and nothing has changed. I seriously doubt it would, I can see how it would if it were dynamic and based on your personnel but it does not seem to be functioning as such if it was meant to.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »