Home

Aaarrrgh....Can you guys PAAALEASE help me decide between buying a PS3 or a Vita...

This is a discussion on Aaarrrgh....Can you guys PAAALEASE help me decide between buying a PS3 or a Vita... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #9
MVP

FAM CEO's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Aaarrrgh....Can you guys PAAALEASE help me decide between buying a PS3 or a Vita.

First I am assuming you don't have an Xbox....

If you will be on the go more than at home than get the Vita. Obviously, if you will be at home more get the PS3.

Please be aware that the Vita Madden is not the same as the console ones. Also, only sports games on Vita are fifa soccer, mlb baseball, and nfl football.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #10
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Aaarrrgh....Can you guys PAAALEASE help me decide between buying a PS3 or a Vita.

Personally, I think the PS3 looks like crap on a computer monitor. There is no processing to clean up the signal. It looks utterly jagged and pixelated. I don't recommend this and the same goes for the Xbox. The same systems on an actual "TV" at the same size look far better to me.

Your mileage may vary but when I first saw The Show 2012 on a 24" PC monitor at a local Best Buy in the spring, I was shocked at how terrible the Show looked. Well, a few weeks later, I needed my baseball fix and had grown tired of the 2k series, so I picked up "The Show" and was blown away by the graphics on my 60" Sharp. The TV processing really makes games shine.

Sorry to go off topic.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:32 PM   #11
glp
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Personally, I think the PS3 looks like crap on a computer monitor. There is no processing to clean up the signal. It looks utterly jagged and pixelated. I don't recommend this and the same goes for the Xbox. The same systems on an actual "TV" at the same size look far better to me.

Your mileage may vary but when I first saw The Show 2012 on a 24" PC monitor at a local Best Buy in the spring, I was shocked at how terrible the Show looked. Well, a few weeks later, I needed my baseball fix and had grown tired of the 2k series, so I picked up "The Show" and was blown away by the graphics on my 60" Sharp. The TV processing really makes games shine.

Sorry to go off topic.
Nope...that's not off topic at all.....I really appreciate it!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 09:39 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22

Sorry to go off topic.
Processing? The monitor would've been running at a higher resolution than your TV.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #13
glp
Rookie

Multi.....r u saying this should work fine?
Old 09-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #14
Rookie

Shogun613's Arena

Picture quality also depends on the brand of monitor. Regardless of the specs, all brands are not created equal...
Old 09-16-2012, 01:06 AM   #15
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multi
Processing? The monitor would've been running at a higher resolution than your TV.
\
Resolution has nothing to do with it. A 1920x1080 panel designed for a computer display is sharp and crystal clear and it's designed to reproduce a computer interface with little to no processing. It is essentially an unforgiving medium as it exposes all the flaws. This applys to other sources also.....watching a bluray hooked up to a computer monitor can reveal noise and grain in the bluray that most don't see.

Large panel TVs and to some extent smaller TV panels are designed to make movies and TV and to some extent video games look better. Lets forget video games for a second. I am a fulltime video editor and cinematographer for my day job. I shoot really high end HD material that I watch on my 60" panel and it looks freaking amazing. When I go to edit this and watch it on my high end 30" Dell PC panel, it seems noisy and grainy and I see what appear to be flaws in the footage. I can sweat these nitty gritty details but the fact is that this material was designed to be on a TV....not a PC screen.

The same holds true for video games to some extent. The TV's internal processing can really clean up some noisy or jagged images. Just remember that some TVs processing can add input lag that would make your game slightly delayed. This would be a problem too.

GOod Luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »