Home

Suggestions on how to improve the ai running game?

This is a discussion on Suggestions on how to improve the ai running game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
Suggestions on how to improve the ai running game?

Me and my friend started our online league as players. Both of us chose to be qb's. I put my guy on the Browns and he put his player on the Rams. So you figure I have a solid running back in Richardson and my friend has an elite back in Jackson. However we both have been struggling to get the run game going. Its absymal at best Richardson avg 3.0 yards per carry in our first year and jackson was around 3.2 yards per carry. Ok so maybe next year we might see some improvement. Well to my suprise Richardson's rating goes up to an 86. Well here we are 7 games into the season and he is only avg 2.6 yards per carry and hardesty is only avg 2.3 yards per carry. I have no idea whats going on here. Jackson is only avg 2.2 yards per carry.

Now here is where the problem lies. I dont know what it is about playing as a player and having the AI run the ball for you but there is absolutely no awareness in the AI of its surroundings and reading holes when they are open or cutting up the field when its neccessary. Stretch plays probably work 1 out of 10 times. The running back takes too long to cut it up the field plus once they get hit the defense sworms the running back instantly. I also wish the ai wouldnt use the juke move because honestly it doesnt do anything but slow them down. Its not like the defense bites on hit unless your close enough to where it triggers an animation, but in the open field if you are not close enough the defender doesnt bite at those hesitation moves. Lets also put into perspective the engine that cause these powerful backs in Richardson and Jackson to go down as soon as they are touched or if they bump into their own linemen.Too often i see my running back just flop down to the ground as soon as it makes contact with the ol/dl.

I have tried to fix the problem best i could. Adjusting the sliders trying to improve the ai blocking, but really this boils down to the ai's running logic. The holes are there i see them and when im controlling the running back i can get decent stats at the end of the game. I assume this problem goes deeper than i can fix myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Suggestions on how to improve the ai running game?

I play offline, so It might be different. I have CUP Pass block at 100 and my run reaction really, really low..maybe 10. They run pretty good against me.
Ive been playing with threshold at 100..heard this helps.

Cpu is averaging over 100 yards a game and 4-5 yards a carry. When i keep them in check they usually bust one big one to make up for it.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11

put cpu break tackles to 100 and all user rush defense to 0.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:18 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ArkanSaw
put cpu break tackles to 100 and all user rush defense to 0.
with cpu break tackle at 100 you end up with every cpu ball carrier breaking tackles left and right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »