Home

Something positive about M13, EA, and Moore, Looman & Co.

This is a discussion on Something positive about M13, EA, and Moore, Looman & Co. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Animation driven by ratings or User controlled game that reacts to your actions?
Yes, I want a SIM type game that is ratings based 98 94.23%
Yes, I want an arcade game that reacts to my controlled player 6 5.77%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Something positive about M13, EA, and Moore, Looman & Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
wait, so Madden used to have full coach mode where you didn't control any players? Never heard any one mention that before.
You had to control the kicking game, but that's it. Having to kick field goals didn't bother me. As a SIM player, however, having to play the most important position on the football field does bother me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

actually many versions of Madden had full coach mode where you didn't control any players including the kickers.

In fact the very first one ONLY worked as a coaching simulation, actually controlling the players arcade style came later.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 11

I started a poll and want to get this thread back to the top based on two things Emm said.

1) Developers shy away from the aggressive, negative comments

2) a game is either animation based on ratings or user controlled actions (I know I'm over-simplifying but read the EA Philosophies thread if you want the details)

So, please, I would (and EA I'm sure) really like to know who we are and what we want. So please, vote, and you can't have it all people, you can't have great animations, ratings based action and user controlled action.

I also hope everyone will keep this thread very positive and put what they would like to see in their football game without saying anything negative.

Please, let's have at least one constructive thread that the developers may not be too afraid to peek inside of, and thus create a better pipeline.

This was one of the great advantages we had when Head Coach 09 came out!!
Old 09-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think this Madden is a huge step in the right direction.

They dropped the ball in a lot of areas that are extremely important to me and the other 30 guys in my online CCM but overall I find we are enjoying this madden more than any other madden in the past.

As they continue to update and patch the game I think they'll end up addressing a lot of our complaints.

It's not going to be perfect, EVER. and some of the bugs/shortcomings of this game I find absurd (No transaction history in online CCM?wth)
But I think the total package is so much better than what we have gotten the past few years that I am mostly just excited for what a great game it is and will become as they continue to patch and tweak.

The negativity on this forum is really depressing. I can't believe the expectations some people have, and the ridiculous gripes some people have.
"My 220lb HB got tackled by a 150 CB thats not realistic, thanks for not fixing anything EA, another wasted year. Not buying madden anymore"
I mean, seriously? Take the stick out of your butts.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #29
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
I'll second that. I think they are onto something really good...keep refining this, don't blow it all up again for M14.
I agree! Exactly what The Show and NBA 2K have been doing for a number of years now.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia

Also Emmdot, since you seem to be on our page. Please refer to this post I made about many of the things the game needs.

Madden: Replicating Real Life

Take a look at Phobia's page, a lot of really nice ideas/concepts.

I've been asking to keep things positive and put real suggestions here but realized, I haven't done so yet myself, so lol...while I hope we can put more specific suggestions, this gives you an idea of where I'd like to see the Madden franchise in the future. Again, Phobia's link has a lot of great ideas

vv-- from the EA Philosophies thread --vv

Phobia, I took a look at this, nice stuff.

For all we ask from EA, I think we need to start asking ourselves a few tough questions also. Which includes educating ourselves. (EA could really help us there also)

For example, the concepts of better fan art, immersion with announcers, the playoff race etc., I think are all possible within the concept of a sim game where players are not controlled. However, you also mention the kinect, 1st person vision and ratings making a difference in players you're controlling (feel different) and I think this is where we need to ask ourselves the tough question. What do we really want?

I envision a future madden with two modes as soon as you watch the amazing opening montage. Arcade or Career. The arcade mode would be built specifically for those that want to play the game. It would be based on the much improved physics engine, would give you the different kicking meters based on the game situation, and make you feel like you are one of the players on the field. It would also include a franchise mode, online mode, where the user had complete control over all 32 teams, over all rosters, heck, I would think if I were that type of player, I'd want weekly adjustments to my players that reflect what is going on in the real NFL.

The other mode would be Career mode. I won't go into it here but basically, the ultimate franchise/career/sim mode with all the immersion factors you were talking about onfield/offield etc, except you do not control any users and you do get to call your plays, (or delegate to your OC/DC who you hired ) and then watch an awesome presentation on the field with amazing AI and graphics based on the ratings and that "wtf" factor that happens in a game.

In this vision, when we separate the two modes, completely, then EA can do what has been mentioned many, many, many, did I say many? times and that is keep tuning and building upon the same foundation instead of having to reinvent the wheel each/every few years.

But, I think we as players, have to realize, we can not have our cake and eat it too. ::mmmm cake:: A perfect solution would be to have that Madden 15 game where the Arcade mode is amazing for user control and it's physics engine and non-scripted movement and the Career mode is amazing for it's immersion into the football world where we get hired by (not our favorite team, yet) and prove ourselves in the NFL and have the option of being HC/GM.

Let's stop asking for all of it in one mode, agreed?

p.s. oh, and by the way, sliders, glorious sliders go in the Arcade mode not the Career mode juss sayin'

Last edited by SloeyEZ; 09-19-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellothere
I think this Madden is a huge step in the right direction.

They dropped the ball in a lot of areas that are extremely important to me and the other 30 guys in my online CCM but overall I find we are enjoying this madden more than any other madden in the past.

As they continue to update and patch the game I think they'll end up addressing a lot of our complaints.

It's not going to be perfect, EVER. and some of the bugs/shortcomings of this game I find absurd (No transaction history in online CCM?wth)
But I think the total package is so much better than what we have gotten the past few years that I am mostly just excited for what a great game it is and will become as they continue to patch and tweak.

The negativity on this forum is really depressing. I can't believe the expectations some people have, and the ridiculous gripes some people have.
"My 220lb HB got tackled by a 150 CB thats not realistic, thanks for not fixing anything EA, another wasted year. Not buying madden anymore"
I mean, seriously? Take the stick out of your butts.
And I can't believe the lack of expectations some people have. Madden 13 is a game seven years into a generation. It should completely and totally blow the last generation games out of the water. Can you imagine comparing Madden 1999 to Madden 2005 or 2K5? Yet we still to this day compare Madden 13 to games like 05 and 2k5 and honestly Madden 13 is worse in alot of ways.

I don't think I have expectations that are unrealistic at all. I just want a game that is both realistic and creates the same gap in gameplay improvements I seen going from the psx to the ps2. Something Madden 13 isn't even close to being.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #32
MVP

hmm, interesting, I would have never thought the voting would have went 18-0 before the first vote for user-controlled game style vote came in.

Where are all you players that like controlling the players? Let's hear from you also!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »