Home

Why editing needs to be added back in

This is a discussion on Why editing needs to be added back in within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2012, 10:40 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 1
I with you guys on this. Let's say you run a 3-4 defense, and you a draft/sign a smaller/speed rusher DE you can't edit his position to an OLB which is very frustrating to me. Teams do this IRL, why can't I do this in Madden?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Why editing needs to be added back in

I could care less about the equipment or any of that. They should have it at least like Head Coach where you could change a players number and they're position. For me I wanted to start up a new CC with a created coach. Well I run a 3-4 defense and I wanted to take over the Bills. So in order to run the 3-4 defense correctly I wanted to move Nick Barnett to MLB and Mario Williams to ROLB. Well neither could be done so basically all I can do is use the depth chart. But the fact is you shouldn't have to. It's a simple solution. That alone pissed me off and made me want to shut the game off.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:05 PM   #11
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0

Better to be able to edit numbers; it will drive me CRAZY if I have a number 34 or a number 50 on the Bears.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #12
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I do have a strong feeling that they will add it.

They wouldn't even mention the possibility if it wasn't likely and they have hinted at it several times, including to me tonight.

I am happy to see I am not alone. Like thebizarrojerry said, you see this stuff EVERY TIME you play and it grates on you.

I can't stand weird numbers, pads, etc. I can handle not editing ratings, I like the XP system. Names/numbers/equipment and positions are a must however.

I drafted a great LG (85 OVR) and wanted to move him to RT where I needed help but can't and it won't allow him on the depth chart at RT (only Tackles and Centers for some reason) so that isn't an option. I need to be able to change his position.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:15 PM   #13
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I also asked Josh Looman about the white face menu picture on stud QB
Spoiler
(who is black in the game) and whether or not they could fix that. He said he'd look into it tomorrow.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:16 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Exactly. I have a 40" hdtv and seeing close up my drafted running back with some odd equipment and #20 on the Lions is annoying
Old 09-17-2012, 11:22 PM   #15
MVP

miz468's Arena

OVR: 7

I'll agree with this. I started a CCM with the Bills and traded for RGIII. I even released Vince Young first because he wore #10. RGIII got #5.

I lost interest in playing with RGIII on my Bills.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 11:56 PM   #16
Rookie

mikemck09's Arena

OVR: 1

I understand a lot of guys wanted Fantasy Draft, but I know for a fact that Player Editing outweighed Fantasy Drafting in the "WTF, why did you take this out?" Column... I am going back to M12 till a patch gets released that fixes all of the game breaking bugs such as not being able to play as a D Lineman or else all of your CBs and Safeties will run commit and give up a Bomb TD, and until they put in Player Editing... Kind of NEED this due to the half ******** Rookies that come into the league looking as if they were pranked into choosing what equipment to wear...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »