Home

how to change defence from 4-3 to 3-4

This is a discussion on how to change defence from 4-3 to 3-4 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: how to change defence from 4-3 to 3-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer joe
I was about to start a thread to see how hard people have found it to switch from a 3-4 to a 4-3. I know its pretty much as simple as picking a 4-3 D playbook, but also acquiring the right players.

I'm the Colts in the first season, and I hate that they run a 3-4, Freeney and Mathis are useless when they have to drop back and cover a receiver. I traded Freeney away (last year of contract.)

I want to try to switch to a 4-3 after the season ends, but wanted to know how its been for you guys switching between the 2?
3-4 defense is far superior. If you are defending the pass just do a lot of zone. There should be no reason for linemen to drop back and guard the pass
Old 09-18-2012, 09:09 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Im useing a team that was perviously use by someone else and he changed to lions offence Scheme from vertical to west coast and defence from base 4-3 to spread how do i do this?
Old 09-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #11
Rookie

In that menu it always says that, its a bug. It will always say west coast OFF. and Spread DEF, there's no such thing as a Spread D though, think about it lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11

Okay, so right now there is no way to change your defensive scheme, but here is what you do, and it simulates real football anyway.

1st) Choose the playbook that matches the style of D you want to play. Either choose a coach's playbook like Rex Ryan or Tomlin if you know they run the type of defense you want to run or you can choose the 3-4 4-3 4-6 playbooks. You can choose your playbook when you create your coach and before each game in the Advanced Settings (this is when you see the screen with the two helmets and overall ratings for you to start the game)

2nd) Sign/draft/trade players that match the way you want to play. If you want a player that is good at being a 4-3 Run Stopping Defensive end, then choose 4-3 Run stopper in the Player Position Scheme (More...Strategy...Schemes) and that will show you the OVR for that player when running a 4-3 and you want the type of player that is good at stopping the run.

**Changing position schemes does not change how a player plays on the field. It only shows you, the human, that player A is better than player B at this type of play. For example TE Jimmy Graham is a 94 when selecting Vertical Threat as the type of TE I want. Because he is a MONSTER at jumping up and making catches and he is FAST. If I choose blocking TE his OVR is only 85. Because he is not very good at blocking but he is still a MONSTER at jumping up and making catches and he is still FAST and will keep making those catches for you. You can just see that he is not very good at blocking, since that is the player scheme you have chosen.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dally_D
But now there is 2 spots for mlb in defensive scheme when usally is only 1 and i also cjanged the play books and its still the same so do i have to advance a week?
On the Depth Chart, the second MLB listed is your LILB in a 3-4 Defense (3 DL 4 LB)

In a 4-3, the second DT is your 4th Defensive Lineman he plays on the left of C, the first DT plays to the right of center.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:25 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Also it it gives me to change to scheme of 2 rolb and 2 mlb but only 1dt wont this affect the overal of my players ?
Old 09-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Im useing a team that was perviously use by someone else and he changed to lions offence Scheme from vertical to west coast and defence from base 4-3 to spread how do i do this?
Well the first thing is there is no such thing as a spread defense, that is a well known glitch with created coaches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Also it it gives me to change to scheme of 2 rolb and 2 mlb but only 1dt wont this affect the overal of my players ?
It affects their Overall but only how they fit into that Scheme, their attribute (speed, block shedding, Strength) all stays the same

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »