Home

Goaline fades

This is a discussion on Goaline fades within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Goaline fades

Anyone want to tell me the best way to throw one. Like lob it, when it throw it, and where to point my analog stick?

In past years it was a great weapon down on the goaline, albeit a little to easy to convert with. In this years game, the ball is never thrown high up where my receiver can go an get it, even when I lob it. It is always so low the corner bats it away easily. If not that, it goes out of bounds. It would be nice to be able to toss up a true jump ball/fade the way teams do like with Saints with Jimmy Graham.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong this year, because I cant seem to get it working, regardless of the QB or receiver.

Any advice?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Goaline fades

I have't run a goalline fade since '09 since they've been enormously cheesy and unless you completely sell out, almost impossible (I SAID ALMOST PEOPLE RELAX) to defend if the player was tall and had a high SPC.

I hear this year that bullet passes throwing high were the way to go... but I can't bring myself to throw one.

Looking for some leagues to take our on MSL Competition Team in a mini tournament! Let me know if you are interested.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr8Train
I have't run a goalline fade since '09 since they've been enormously cheesy and unless you completely sell out, almost impossible (I SAID ALMOST PEOPLE RELAX) to defend if the player was tall and had a high SPC.

I hear this year that bullet passes throwing high were the way to go... but I can't bring myself to throw one.
I didnt use them a lot in past years, primarily because they were too easy. This year though, I havent had a single one work. They come a lot closer to being picked than caught by the WR. I understand not want to abuse them, but as it stands now it seems like they are next to impossible which really takes a big chunk of goalines offenses out of the game. Maybe someone has had more success than I have.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

For me, every goaline fade i've ever thrown since madden 10 has been picked off so I'va abandoned the play altogether. Never mastered the art.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

I tried my first last night to Nicks. I aimed top right corner with the direction and just tapped pass. Immediately move to my receiver and hold catch. CPU got called for defensive PI though. I honestly would never try a fade against a human cus the ballhawk feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #6
Rookie

AmericasTeam's Arena

OVR: 1

Just lob it up. Don't push the right stick. I don't find them easy to convert at all this year. I haven't had any picked, but I would say it's completed < 25% of the time.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #7
Rookie

thrust's Arena

OVR: 3

I can't pass down field for nothing. If it ain't over the middle or a curl route I can forget it. All my deep passes AKA bombs are picked. I throw lobs that lead for a catch and run. What gives?
Tweeted from Tampa Habitual Rehab Clinic
THRC
a home for the lonely
Old 09-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust
I can't pass down field for nothing. If it ain't over the middle or a curl route I can forget it. All my deep passes AKA bombs are picked. I throw lobs that lead for a catch and run. What gives?
Positioning? Safety help? Are you looking to see the defense position? When I go deep with Nicks or Cruz i'm looking for a couple things.

I'm hoping to get press coverage. If it's a cover 2 and they press, there's a small window you can hit inbetween the corner and safety help. If it's man with a single safety over the top, I won't even bother to try and hit that streak unless the corner is playing tight and then i'm hoping I have a post route either in or out on that play (Motion your man to that side pre snap.). Are you looking off your man with a pump fake? I pump fake like a mug and it works great to get that 1/2 step. I dunno, a bunch of other stuff that you could either look up or just post an example video of you trying to throw down the field and i'll be glad to help or im sure someone else too. hope this helped a little. mid thought I just figured there's a vast amount of info to write down and don't know how much would be useless to you. :\

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »