Home

Does Coach XP actually work??

This is a discussion on Does Coach XP actually work?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Does Coach XP actually work??

So, about 8 weeks into my Browns franchise, I finally get enough XP for my coach to add a package. I chose to increase the XP my WR would get each week for practice and accomplishments in games. Well, honestly, I ran a gameplan for 2 weeks in a row following this that featured pass heavy playcalling, specifically for my WR core. Some got 7-8 catches per game and some got 4-5 per game with 3-4 TDs amongts them. I also passed exclusively in my 2 practices with great success.

However, their XP didn't seem to accrue at all. Other players with far less game impact gained several thousand points, but my WR are sitting at the bottom of the XP list. Is this a glitch? Has anyone seen a package like this make a difference?

Thanks for any input here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Re: Does Coach XP actually work??

So 326 people have read this post and not a single person has any input? Has anybody increased the coach so that more XP can be earned for a particular position and actually seen it work? In my case, it doesn't appear to be increasing my WR XP but it might actually negatively affected them...since the XP they are earning seems far less than normal.

Thanks. I am not looking for definite answers but wondering if anyone has seen this working or seen the same things that I have.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:10 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

It seems hit and miss to me. With the RB xp trait I couldn't really tell the difference, but with the P and K traits I could. WR exp is bipolar....
Old 10-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Practice is all about the scenario goal so your stats won't matter at all for any player.

Don't forget your weekly goals change so you could be just missing a weekly goal one week and hitting a different goal another week - which is a ton of XP.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #5
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
So, about 8 weeks into my Browns franchise, I finally get enough XP for my coach to add a package. I chose to increase the XP my WR would get each week for practice and accomplishments in games. Well, honestly, I ran a gameplan for 2 weeks in a row following this that featured pass heavy playcalling, specifically for my WR core. Some got 7-8 catches per game and some got 4-5 per game with 3-4 TDs amongts them. I also passed exclusively in my 2 practices with great success.

However, their XP didn't seem to accrue at all. Other players with far less game impact gained several thousand points, but my WR are sitting at the bottom of the XP list. Is this a glitch? Has anyone seen a package like this make a difference?

Thanks for any input here.
The Coaching bonus packs are for weekly and season goals being reached, they DO NOT apply to practices. I see them working for my DB's as it's all I've purchased so far, it seems legit.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #6
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
The Coaching bonus packs are for weekly and season goals being reached, they DO NOT apply to practices. I see them working for my DB's as it's all I've purchased so far, it seems legit.
So it's ppssible that I've been imagining player XP accrusing from practice? I;m not being sarcastic, but I could swear that I check say.....a RB XP and it is 750. Then I practice and run the heck out of the ball and succeed, go back into progress XP and see he has increased to 1800 or something. I am almost positive I saw this. I could be wrong though.

So this practice XP is only towards coach??? Why then does the one specific practive scenario say that if you complete it, that only you (presumably the coach) will gain XP? Doesn't it seem odd that they would call that out specifically if none of the practice scenarios awarded player XP to begin with?
Old 10-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
Practice is all about the scenario goal so your stats won't matter at all for any player.

Don't forget your weekly goals change so you could be just missing a weekly goal one week and hitting a different goal another week - which is a ton of XP.
Where do I get to see my weekly goals ahead of time? I always see them in my actions page after I've accomplished them, and I've wondered where these are. I didn't even realize they could be changing weekly either.

Thanks.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
So it's ppssible that I've been imagining player XP accrusing from practice? I;m not being sarcastic, but I could swear that I check say.....a RB XP and it is 750. Then I practice and run the heck out of the ball and succeed, go back into progress XP and see he has increased to 1800 or something. I am almost positive I saw this. I could be wrong though.

So this practice XP is only towards coach??? Why then does the one specific practive scenario say that if you complete it, that only you (presumably the coach) will gain XP? Doesn't it seem odd that they would call that out specifically if none of the practice scenarios awarded player XP to begin with?
I know in reading on the forum before that practice does give your players (actually all player whether they play of not) some XP. What I also read but I have not confirmed is that stats or production of individual players in practice does not affect the Xp they gain. They said it was a small amount of xp and is probably based on rokkie status/age

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »