Home

Ai cheating kicks into full gear (playoffs/wildcard)

This is a discussion on Ai cheating kicks into full gear (playoffs/wildcard) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2012, 10:40 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Ai cheating kicks into full gear (playoffs/wildcard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Well I can honestly say I understand your position but in this case I just don't see the relevancy. If I was using improper word usage to make something that isn't true sound true, then I would be misrepresenting myself. But I made a statement that I believe is true as I trust the EA Gamechanger who made the statement. I didn't embellish his words. There was no meaning altered in any way.

But that's my opinion and since we don't have to agree then we can leave it at that so others may continue the on-topic discussion.

And just to be clear, the main point was that I believe EA focuses on the casual gamer and will program certain outcomes/animations that are not fluid/dynamic. I'm not really saying this is horrible because it is a video game we're talking about. I do share in some of the frustrations of the OP but I don't get as concerned about it as I may have in years past because I feel like I have an understanding of what EA's focus is.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right. Maybe someone can relate and it makes a difference. Either way, carry on.
Fair enough. I did not mean to come off like I was attacking you. I admit to having a few pet peeves and occasionally being a little anal over some things like word usage. As you may imagine I am a hoot at family dinners lol.

But on topic, yeah EA may target casual gamers. We can pout over it all we want but it is still a business. All I ask is that EA not forget us football fanatics. And catch up logic may be in the game to the point where it could be considered cheating. I vaguely remember a old sports game where there was an option to "keep games close" but it may have been a racing game. It wouldn't be unheard of if it was present in some form.

We all want the perfect football game. The problem is that we all have different ideas on what a perfect football game is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Ai cheating kicks into full gear (playoffs/wildcard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
My last post on this...
artificial intelligence

noun the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems.

By the end of the game, the computer has learned how you play, your tendencies, which is why the perception is that it knows what you are doing...it doesn't cheat.

What you are saying, is that at the end of the game, the logic has been written into the game that it records your choice of plays and calls it play completely based on what you chose. Obviously, this can be done. Find me a programmer that says, yes, we transfer the user chosen plays to the computer logic so that it can win (cheating) and I will most definitely say I am wrong.

Until then...
That was the first time I ever called audibles. I never call audibles. Ever.

You're trying to make tons of excuses for some reason, do you work for EA?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »