Home

Better Stats for CB's and LB's

This is a discussion on Better Stats for CB's and LB's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Better Stats for CB's and LB's

The one thing that annoyed me within Madden is they dont have any ways to represent how dominant a CB or LB should be. You will see mediocre DB's and MLB's making the pro bowl a lot over the bonafide stars.

I remember Head Coach 09 being able to represent Defensive players the right way through different stats. In this madden you will never see a DB make the hall of fame unless its someone already established like Ed Reed or Polamalu. The CB's main progression shouldn't be from how many INT's they get. Revis may get 2 INT in a season while Asante Samuel may get 9, does that mean that Samuel is better than Revis... hell no! Madden needs to incorporate stats so guys like Revis and Nmadi are getting to the pro bowl almost every year and getting into the hall of fame. Im tired of seeing the third string corner back who's a 75 OVR make the pro bowl ever year because he picked off a couple passes, that very unrealistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Better Stats for CB's and LB's

Yes I agree with you.. I've actually been thinking of this for a while..
Kinda off topic but, I would love for them to bring the DB assignments back..Therefore even if a great receivers goes into the slot I could still have my best cover guy on him
Old 09-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
Banned

This is the first Madden I got in a few years and I couldn't believe they got rid of that feature. Why do they continually remove good features they add in. I want to utilize my Revis island ha!
Old 09-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
Rookie

I agree, i don't know if its the slider set I'm using but i've finally began to get my lb's like keuchly and beason over 100 tackles, i just need to get more sacks with my olb's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »