Home

Are you satisfied with madden?

This is a discussion on Are you satisfied with madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How do you feel about madden 13?
Love It 25 22.52%
Like It 29 26.13%
More of the same 42 37.84%
Hate It 15 13.51%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Are you satisfied with madden?

Ok so the game has been out for about three weeks. How do you feel about it. Keep in mind it was this devs team first attempt. Physics were not decided to be implemented until january. CCM was being worked on for about 2 years prior to release. Last but not least Looman stated himself that they would not implement things into the game until they worked "perfect".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #2
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Are you satisfied with madden?

I'm very satisfied. I am disappointed in the AI play calling though.

Satisfied is different than saying this game is great. But it is very good.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Ok so the game has been out for about three weeks. How do you feel about it. Keep in mind it was this devs team first attempt. Physics were not decided to be implemented until january. CCM was being worked on for about 2 years prior to release. Last but not least Looman stated himself that they would not implement things into the game until they worked "perfect".
So, Looman thinks the IE and CCM is perfect. Sorry but the fundamentals of football are not even represented. This madden, is just like any other to me. More of the same.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #4
Rookie

Dyce's Arena

OVR: 1

I think its improves each year and it took a big step this year but it has problems im sure can be fixed for example way to many interceptions (lineman jumping 6 feet in the air between two receivers for a one hand pick lol) and ea needs to make a deal with the regular referees it feels like substitute refs are out their with making roughing the passer flags for every time you hit the quarterback or pass interference for barley hitting a receiver when the qb is throwing the ball. But overall the game is much better Ill give it a 7/10 this year.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

The more I play the less I like it. CCM felt new at first but after you get past the buggy twitter feed and new (abysmal) menu system it is exactly the same as franchise except with functionality removed. There is literally nothing of substance added. It's slicker but I can't understand how this took 2 years.

Gameplay is better than last year by a wide margin so I like that. There are still game breaking flaws in game like AI play calling and the inability to use custom playbooks and CPU uniforms keep it from being a good game, let alone great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2012, 10:41 PM   #6
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

OVR: 0

More of the same. Garbage that it.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:05 PM   #7
Rookie

cletusdog's Arena

OVR: 6

this game is so frustrating because it definitely has the potential to be a great game, but the reality is it is extremely sub-par due to stripping core features (edit, NCAA draft, 32 team, etc), it being the buggiest game that I can recall EVER playing (30+ years of gaming).

The fact that they are doing roster updates is ridiculous with this game. The non-utilization of IR, practice squad semi-integration and poor roster management AI make the rosters not even close to accurate before week 1 even starts.
Game play is spotty. Sometimes it's great, other times far from it.

...and a Baba Booey to y'all
Old 09-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Your last sentence is exactly why Madden '13 is not a quality product.

If they would not implement things until they "worked perfect", then why are Twitter feeds, schemes, Infinity Engine, CPU AI all in this game?

This year's game is quite frankly a poor effort. "More of the same" is my vote.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »