Home

Madden 13 emphasizing post-launch support

This is a discussion on Madden 13 emphasizing post-launch support within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: Madden 13 emphasizing post-launch support

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
Thanks for the feedback Taz. I will pass this on to the devs.
I hope the zoom camera angle is patched. I know that is a big one for some people here. The zoom cam angle is so low, you cant see play art or your defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #42
Rookie

KCsFinest5's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
You will get what you want soon.
I hope so Emmdot, I've been very disappointed in what I have received from Madden this year. Particularly with the lack of player editing in CCM.

BIG kudos for getting on here and dodging bullets though. Very respectable. You are making EA look much better by being on these forums.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #43
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
What good would that list do? The most important piece is what actually gets fixed because not everything can be addressed this year in Madden.
The problem is, that I'm sitting with a game I just can't play because of all the issues in CCM - so if the difficulty isn't fixed I will look to sell the game. I won't keep a game only to play Play Now games. Others have issues that will make or break the game for them.

But I assume by your answers that another patch is coming sometime?
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
It's amazing how spoiled this generation of gamers has become. Anyone else remember the days when you'd drop 30 on a game and if it was terrible, oh well...
I hate when people make this comment, it makes absolute zero sense in today's world. You could make the same comment with just about everything in today's world, "It's amazing how spoiled this generation of people have become. Anyone else remember the days when kids had polio and died of the common cold..."
Old 09-26-2012, 05:09 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Do you think we aren't concerned with what the fans think? Why am I even on OS reading and interacting with everyone everyday.
But you have sort of side stepped the question here. Why haven't we seen any tuner updates? NHL already has had 3 tuner updates, so why isn't the Madden dev team utilizing tuner updates?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #46
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
You will get what you want soon.
As usual, thanks for participating in the OS "Octagon of Frustration"...

The irony of all this to me is that if the same customization tools were available to the community as in years past, the "intensity" of said frustration would be noticeably minimized...

Many of the long time sim heads / sliderologists / roster makers could have been appeased to a degree by the ability to "fix" things for them / our selves rather than be forced to sit and wait for ANY AND ALL improvements to be made by EA...

Personally, I'm having a pretty good time with the game, but I've been "breaking and reassembling" this title to my liking since '02...

Way more difficult this year, but not impossible...for me anyway...

The fact that guys like SECElit3 and Jarrod21 are hamstrung by what's lacking tells you how much the customization is missed...

I would bet that guys like those two would be immersed in workaround threads right now, if not for the decision to make us wait for you guys to address pretty much everything...

Anyway:

I do notice the online tuning is making a few of my issues waaaaay more palatable, so thanks for that...and I look forward to further developments...

Thanks again for participating!

Last edited by KingV2k3; 09-26-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
We are a month past launch and are continuing working on addressing many of the issues everyone is talking about here.

As for what has been addressed, Patch #1 came out before launch. Patch #2 came out 2 weeks after launch. Both patches had known issues that needed to be fixed but got caught in the timing bind.
Please humor me with a response indicating some type of understanding where some people are coming from.

First off, we are a month past release date. The cycle of your product and marketing puts us close to 10% through our tenure with the game. That is before the new one starts getting pushed on us.

Secondly, the game your product emulates is headed into its 4th week. Consider some teams will not make the playoffs your roughly looking at those fans done with 30% of the NFL season. Clearly EA understands how pivotal the actual season plays into the popularity of the game. That is why you launch when you do and what updates center around.

Correct me if I am wrong, does some cost still factor into a third patch as it has done in the past?

Am I correct in assuming based on your responses that a 3rd title update will be provided.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 09-26-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 4

The only reason I haven't traded this in towards NBA 2K13 is that I'm hoping for some changes. There's so much taken out for no reason, basic things like custom playbooks for offline and this game is really glitchy.

I have to occasionally burn a time out because the screen will black out and the game loves to freeze at the depth chart. Last night, it froze on me 3 times before I was finally able to save. I don't get how this game was released with so many glitches and removed features.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »