Home

Hope the Madden team watched MNF

This is a discussion on Hope the Madden team watched MNF within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2012, 12:40 AM   #9
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Hope the Madden team watched MNF

NFL better settle tomorrow! That was embarrassing!
Old 09-25-2012, 12:40 AM   #10
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You didn't watch the same game I did.

Roughing the passer on Wilson's Int, Def PI vs Shields when it was OFF PI against Rice, plus calls went against the Seahawks too.

Just a terrible job of reffing.
I watched every second of the game, forgot about that roughing the passer call. I felt they did a good job controlling the game until the fourth quarter.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:48 AM   #11
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

First ever game winning interception.

Madden is still far behind in what penalties are/aren't in the game. Also what is and isn't called [PI is "in the game" but not really.] After that happens... THEN we can have them make mistakes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 12:48 AM   #12
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
If refs keep making calls like that, Seahawks can win every Super Bowl in history of the NFL
8 years ago, We saw first hand that the NFL does no care about "quality" of the product but quantity, why would they care about people? They are a commodity.
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Old 09-25-2012, 01:05 AM   #13
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You didn't watch the same game I did.

Roughing the passer on Wilson's Int, Def PI vs Shields when it was OFF PI against Rice, plus calls went against the Seahawks too.

Just a terrible job of reffing.
3 calls changed the game entirely. Roughing the passer, wiped out the INT that would have likely ended in at least 3 points (Mason Crosby, is money from that distance so if the Packers were unable to score a TD its 15-7, which requires that Seattle not only score a TD but convert the 2 point conversion to send it to OT). Instead they kept the ball and got 15 free yards, 2nd an ridiculously long Offensive PI if anything was called (if you throw the flag it had to be Offensive, there's no way in hell it was defensive) instead its a free 37 yards and a new set of downs. The PI call switched the field, instead of the packers getting the ball around the 20 with the option to run a play action (or a pass of any kind) if they weren't able to run the ball for the first down to drain the clock, instead of trying to prevent getting tackled in the endzone.

And of course the INT that got ruled a TD and the no call on the most egregious no call of offensive pass interference in recent history. The refs did a great job until the 4th quarter then they completely S*** the bed. But those 3 calls undo everything good they had done in the game. You can make a few mistakes but the 3 mistakes they made down the stretch completely ruined this game.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 09-25-2012, 01:14 AM   #14
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

What a pair, the NFL and Madden, where neither care about the integrity of football, only money. Watch that MNF game reminded me of the people that complain about Madden with all kinds of video proof, only to be told everything is just fine, stop overacting. SMH

To quote Greg Jennings, "the refs did a great a job" and so does Tiburon.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:14 AM   #15
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
I can certainly gaurentee we will have NFL Refs back before playoffs. If not, we could see a serious **** storm.
Yeah, I can see that. But this is Roger Goodell we are talking about aka Kevin Butler. He's an idiot.

If anything, I see that ref who was confused as all hell calling the TD fired by next week and replaced with another keystone ref.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 01:28 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
Yeah, I can see that. But this is Roger Goodell we are talking about aka Kevin Butler. He's an idiot.

If anything, I see that ref who was confused as all hell calling the TD fired by next week and replaced with another keystone ref.
This has nothing to do with Goodell. It is the 31 owners that comprise the league partnership where Goodell is the representative. The negotiations going on with the officials are for the betterment of the game. They want more officials, they want full time officials, better trained and with a pool of officials to bench officials that have bad games.

No reason to get personal and call someone you don't know an idiot. I take offense at you calling the commissioner of the NFL an idiot.

Games like this suck, and it is not right, and it is not good for the NFL but it isn't about the commissioner. It is a labor dispute where each side believes they are doing what is best for them.

The alternative is not to play games until the refs, whoever they may be, to come back.

Finally, it was a very tough call to make for any one. The difference is the regular officials would have gotten together (while still controlling the game) and and came to a final decision after hearing all sides and what was seen from all angles. But again the important part missing is that the game would have been on hold and regular refs would not have lost control of the game while the decision would have been made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »