Home

Custom Draft Class Database

This is a discussion on Custom Draft Class Database within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
Custom Draft Class Database

*Didn't put this in the Wishlist forum because it's not really a request but more a discussion of an idea I had. If it needs to be moved, I apologize in advance.

Imagine a database of draft classes similar to the TeamBuilder one used in the NCAA franchise.

Wouldn't it be awesome if we could customize our own draft classes, complete with prospects, their information and attributes, their schools, perhaps their backstories, equipment etc. etc.

Then, we could be free to combine 30 of these classes to our liking into one, complete file, and import them into our custom careers.

This would give the community the incredible ability to project draft classes for years to come, create realistic classes, and add a completely immersive dimension to custom careers.

Of course each class would have to follow certain guidelines such as a minimum and maximum for position types, and perhaps templates would be available to allow more streamlined customization.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Custom Draft Class Database

They could of gone with NCAA players but put them in different years than these ridiculous made up names. I laugh at most of them. It's like an 8 year old came up with them.

Would of been cool to see a Matt Barkley draft class(lots of first round QBs and WRs), Tyronn Mathieu draft class(lots of defensive stars), etc.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
*Didn't put this in the Wishlist forum because it's not really a request but more a discussion of an idea I had. If it needs to be moved, I apologize in advance.

Imagine a database of draft classes similar to the TeamBuilder one used in the NCAA franchise.

Wouldn't it be awesome if we could customize our own draft classes, complete with prospects, their information and attributes, their schools, perhaps their backstories, equipment etc. etc.

Then, we could be free to combine 30 of these classes to our liking into one, complete file, and import them into our custom careers.

This would give the community the incredible ability to project draft classes for years to come, create realistic classes, and add a completely immersive dimension to custom careers.

Of course each class would have to follow certain guidelines such as a minimum and maximum for position types, and perhaps templates would be available to allow more streamlined customization.

Thoughts?
I'm tired of seeing 4-6 TEs projected in the first round. I can't stand it.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #4
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

I mean, when I use TeamBuilder and come up with a school, I usually customize every player. That is just really fun to me, so the idea of making our own draft classes for Madden would be AWESOME.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #5
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

I always liked using Team Builder in NCAA. But I can't play the game because of the horrible juke animation, and now it's in Madden. Great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

Thoughts?

Good idea Nate, I like it.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Thoughts?
I like the idea... But, IMO

EA would never do this, to me. Because even though you can't import draft classes from NCAA to Madden this year... I'd imagine a good portion purchase NCAA with the idea of importing draft classes to Madden
Old 09-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #8
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

But, like you said that's not even a viable function anymore.

I know I could see myself spending hours coming up with the perfect draft classes for 30 years of Connected Careers.

I know even more people would use real-life recruits for their CC's.

But no doubt it would add another dimension of immersion that would literally make the experience truly unique EVERY TIME because users could share their draft files and numerous custom classes would be created.

Thanks for liking the idea...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »