Home

I Dont See What People Are Talking About...CPU AI

This is a discussion on I Dont See What People Are Talking About...CPU AI within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #97
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: I Dont See What People Are Talking About...CPU AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
It's not even about making the computer competitive, it's about why the computer is competitive. Is it because they're out gameplanning/playcalling you? Picking up on your tendencies? Making adjustments?

Or is it because you lowered your player's attributes enough and/or boosted the cpu's where their players are just flat out smarter, faster and smarter?

Like with the running game in past games you could play around with the rush sliders and get the computer to the point where it'd be able to run well against you. But that typically involved juicing the computers run blocking, or CPU RB ability. The computer controlled RBs have always been terrible at decision making. The computer controlled teams have always been terrible at playcalling and using their personnel effectively. The difference this year is no matter how much you pump up the cpu rb's ability they're just going to trip over someone and average 2 ypc. You mix that with their already terrible playcalling and you end up with a mess.

Well the computer will never be smarter then a USER so boosting some of there sliders to get them competitive against a good USER will always be needed IMO.. The gameplay still played out great for me on the last few Maddens. I was able to run the ball, and pass the ball with good strategy on offense. On defense I was able to stop the CPU with good schemes and strategy along with me making plays with the player I'm controlling on past Maddens.. Even with the CPU sliders boosted my defensive stats in every category came out exactly they way it should have..

I've never messed with my players attributes to make my players slower and dumber the the CPUs. I have never heard of anyone doing that. Haha!

The CPUs running ability on kickoffs and punt returns has always been bad but there vision and cut back ability(All-Madden) on regular run plays has always been decent with the right slider set up..

Until they make the AI smart enough to come out with good gameplanning and strategy to pick up on your tendencies boosting the sliders will be the only options. If they actually did make the AI that smart you'll then get people on here complaining about the AI being psychic and knowing everything the USER is doing. I'm all for it because I'll adjust regardless..

Bottom line is I will never create sliders that will limit what the USER is able to do. I just create them to make the CPU compete with me at a realistic pace to match my skill level. The AI hasn't been this bad in years. There decision making on Madden 13 is atrocious..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 09-29-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #98
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU

I see people saying the sliders are broken but I would caution that. I feel its deeper and the AI pathfinding of RBs and the QB decision making and the CPU predictable playcalling is what is broken. I would hate to see EA tinker with the sliders and think they fixed it and we will see the same boneheaded gameplay. The AI code needs to be fixed, not the sliders. I think the sliders work fine, if you put CPU Break Tackles 100 you see them break more tackles than CPU Break Tackles 0.
It's both man.. I won't say they are completely broken because you can see the difference when raising certain sliders in CCM but they definitely don't work at the same strength as they do in play now. The AIs playcalling and the sliders both need to be tuned.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #99
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat
Are you saying I should be playing all-madden in ccm then? cause if it is harder then pro and less so then all-pro it may be perfect for me. I'm confused by all of this. Most of my all-madden is when I am forced to use all madden because I detest it even if I could win games. This is in MUT. Not play now, not ccm.
You are arguing against something you have never experienced. All Madden in CCM is not the same as all madden in ultimate team.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #100
Banned

OVR: 32

This conversation makes me sad
Old 09-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #101
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

OVR: 0

lol i think some peoples sliders work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #102
Rookie

DawgPound_Maniac's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't know but from what I've seen towards the end of my first year the CPU played me tough and the CPU RB keep cutting up on me and flacco became Damn near impossible to stop I just started my second season and they CPU is still playing me tough and I'm playing on all madden I think its a glitch I always reset my gameplay before every game now I haven't had a easy game. I also see if I use gameflow the game is more realistic instead of calling my own plays also kicking and punting when your suppose too I've read early today in the next path 10/16/12 they fixed the AI for CCM mode even the designers said it was too easy also player editing is coming back on gear and information I thinking position changes Idk I just say wait for the next update it should play a whole lot different either way I'm playing til football season is over its pros and Cons in everything if the CPU is too easy join a league with friends or somebody but I prefer the CPU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »