Home

If you were a GM!

This is a discussion on If you were a GM! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: If you were a GM!

Rodgers made a great case for the Browns... Almost makes me want to start a CCM with them.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #10
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

If you have a shutdown corner and find a good corner to match with him, you can be more aggressive with blitzing and different types of attacking defense. If you have a pass rusher who can pressure the QB without a blitz, you can drop more guys into coverage. Elite DTs can anchor a defense, which could impact what kind of defense you run.

Some types of linebackers lend themselves better to 3-4 or 4-3, especially for OLBs. If you have a star player, and you are deciding to take your team in a different direction, you would probably try to steer it to the type of defense that best fits that player's strengths.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Rams. They have some nice pieces on D with Long, Laurinaitis, Jenkins. Still have a good, albeit aging, running back. And a nice young QB, even though he has yet to really prove himself. Have a great coach with Fisher and all those draft picks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #12
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

Well the question is IF you were a GM? But the game doesn't allow you to be a GM. Just coach.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #13
Rookie

Titus001's Arena

OVR: 8

I traded my 2, 3, 4 draft picks to the Saints for Malcome Jenkings as the Browns. My defense is pretty good with Jenkings(84 ovr) at FS, Tj Ward (85ovr)at SS and Joe Haden (92ovr) at CB. All 3 are young. If you play as the Browns start Shead at LE then change your player scheme to speed rusher. It made Shead an 85 ovr if I recall. My 1st round pick in the draft will probably be a WR. In free agency before the draft I will look to pick up 1 or 2 guards.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:18 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Id go with the Jags I like their helmets, depending on where the sun hits it changes colors!!!

I started my CCM with the Bears but I did some research because I was thinking about starting another...

1st I went and dug up info on each owner here..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...anchise_owners
So I could find out which owner in real life would give me a chance to be their GM and buy into the team... If you click on each owners names they'll give you history of each owner too

Next I went here to see what each team was worth
http://www.therichest.org/sports/mos...ble-nfl-teams/
Old 09-29-2012, 12:29 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'd go with Cleveland. They've got a really good defense already, including a top corner in Haden, a stud LB in Jackson, and a solid d-line. They've got a decent offensive line, a stud RB for years to come in Richardson, a potential future #1 receiver in Josh Gordon, and a potentially solid possession receiver in Little if you can work on his drops. It's a team that's been floundering still, so its success is your own. I'd just move on from the Weeden mistake after a season (develop him a bit in year 1 and try to trade him) and draft a QB in the first draft, and I'd be going after an improvement at slot receiver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 12:54 AM   #16
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksheets
I'd go with Cleveland. They've got a really good defense already, including a top corner in Haden, a stud LB in Jackson, and a solid d-line. They've got a decent offensive line, a stud RB for years to come in Richardson, a potential future #1 receiver in Josh Gordon, and a potentially solid possession receiver in Little if you can work on his drops. It's a team that's been floundering still, so its success is your own. I'd just move on from the Weeden mistake after a season (develop him a bit in year 1 and try to trade him) and draft a QB in the first draft, and I'd be going after an improvement at slot receiver.
Yeah, I'm not big on Weeden. He feels like Chris Weinke 2.0. I would go heavy on O-Line and try to build a ground control style team to compliment the defense. I've always been more enamored with the grit of a good running game than the flash of the current trend of pass-heavy offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »