Home

I really only have one real complaint about the game

This is a discussion on I really only have one real complaint about the game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #9
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: I really only have one real complaint about the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquigley
I have an issue that my punts only go straight no matter which direction I place the arrow and with punt accuracy at max.
I also feel like they need to look into how they do punt coverage. I can get at least a ten yard return on any punt return and never have to actually call a fair catch which isn't the case in the actual NFL.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
I haven't had any issues with punting to the sides of the field. What difficulty are you playing on? I wonder if maybe putting punt accuracy at max causes it to go straighter rather than more online with aim.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:28 AM   #10
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy57
I'll have to disagree with you that its not a major issue. A few reasons why are suppose there is a position battle at PR or even on offense your not going to get any returns after the 1st quarter and have no field to drive to allow players the proper drives they need for xp.

It's also a major issue because as much as they encourage you to play pre season this makes playing pre season a ridiculous joke.

With this being the "Future of Franchise Mode" should they not have caught this issue when they tested this game? If you want to make a claim about how great this mode is this detail should not have been overlooked I mean seriously did no one at EA play this game past the first quarter of pre season.

The most important reason this is an issue is because quite frankly it could be addressed with a rating for K Pow and Acc, and P Pow and Acc but instead it doesn't do that which is wild to think that a man who kicks the ball for a living can't punt it further then the offensive lineman or quarterback
You made a fair point and I won't contest it. However, I weighed this issue with the likes of others, such as the lack of Offline CCM cooperative play, and determined it to be lower on the list. With that said, I think that we both can agree that this is important for making the preseason meaningful.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #11
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
You made a fair point and I won't contest it. However, I weighed this issue with the likes of others, such as the lack of Offline CCM cooperative play, and determined it to be lower on the list. With that said, I think that we both can agree that this is important for making the preseason meaningful.
I'll agree I think they have a laundry list of things that need to be fixed or incorporated. I somehow don't buy having two players play on the same team or player editing simply break the CCM if so it really doesn't have a solid foundation to begin with. I won't say that this is the worst Madden ever but truly the biggest disappointment for a Madden game in a very long time. I just don't understand how we have the A.I. that we do now compared to 12. Seriously go into practice call a squib kick with the cpu doing an onside return barely put any power into it and kick it right down the middle of the field and just watch how ignorant the A.I. is.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2012, 01:17 AM   #12
Rookie

shifty1's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy57
Yes unfortunately in pre season after the 1st quarter they sub the K in as P and P in as K its quite annoying since you can change your depth chart but you have to suffer through the 5 yard punts from the cpu.
Glad I searched the threads, this was driving me nuts..
Old 10-30-2012, 01:23 AM   #13
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

I haven't encountered this at all, although I don't watch my own team punt during the preseason as I've only done Player CCM, but when the CPU punts to me, it gets good yardage.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »