Home

Too easy to trade up in the draft?

This is a discussion on Too easy to trade up in the draft? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Too easy to trade up in the draft?

It seems too easy to trade up in the draft. I offer a bad team a high 4th and 5th rounder for a low 3rd. Shouldn't I have to give up more to get that much higher pick?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #2
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Not it that team doesn't have any prospects for their 3rd round pick. Bill belichick is known for stockpiling more picks regardless of the round.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 10-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Too easy to trade up in the draft?

this past draft has every GM changing their evaluation on trading up/back. there were some trades with very very very little compensation in comparison to recent years taking later picks like your listed trade

my only issue is how easy it is for people to just take a next year's high pick for their will be super late lesser round of that year even if that team doesnt really need it. you can stockpile picks and cheat your way in the draft, and every ccm it happens. just played 16 games in an online "legit" ccm, waited a week for the super bowl to be played, then log off late one night, log in early, and the commish had decided to just go through the offseason and sim it, while somehow nabbing 4 of the superstar players in the draft(go figure, what a coincidence)

it is way too easy to scam the cpu, but its always sort of been that way, just have to turn down some of their offers. trading a 28-32 in rd 2, to a 1-15 team for their next year's 1st is just cruel and unrealistic on so many levels.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk49er
this past draft has every GM changing their evaluation on trading up/back. there were some trades with very very very little compensation in comparison to recent years taking later picks like your listed trade

my only issue is how easy it is for people to just take a next year's high pick for their will be super late lesser round of that year even if that team doesnt really need it. you can stockpile picks and cheat your way in the draft, and every ccm it happens. just played 16 games in an online "legit" ccm, waited a week for the super bowl to be played, then log off late one night, log in early, and the commish had decided to just go through the offseason and sim it, while somehow nabbing 4 of the superstar players in the draft(go figure, what a coincidence)

it is way too easy to scam the cpu, but its always sort of been that way, just have to turn down some of their offers. trading a 28-32 in rd 2, to a 1-15 team for their next year's 1st is just cruel and unrealistic on so many levels.
I think it's too easy to trade around draft picks and too hard to trade players. I have players rated in the 80s in positions the team needs and yet they demand so much for them
Old 10-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've only traded up twice and both times were in the first round. I gave up my late first and future second for a mid first. I thought that was fair. Usually I just wait for the CPU to make an offer for one of my picks and I take the best one. I have yet to see anything unrealistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 12:08 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimate
I've only traded up twice and both times were in the first round. I gave up my late first and future second for a mid first. I thought that was fair. Usually I just wait for the CPU to make an offer for one of my picks and I take the best one. I have yet to see anything unrealistic.
You wasted your 2nd. You usually can trade up in the 1st by giving away your 1st and 6th or 7th.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #7
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebizarrojerry
I think it's too easy to trade around draft picks and too hard to trade players. I have players rated in the 80s in positions the team needs and yet they demand so much for them
That's how it is in the nfl. You rarely see player for player trades.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »