Home

After playing NBA2k13 for first time I now see why some people dislike EA

This is a discussion on After playing NBA2k13 for first time I now see why some people dislike EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 02:36 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: After playing NBA2k13 for first time I now see why some people dislike EA

I agree with the OP, but I also feel that way about Madden after playing APF 2k8. It's almost impossible to take Madden seriously when playing that other game. NBA 2k and Madden shouldn't even be in the same sentence. It's like comparing a Subaru Forrester to a Lamborghini.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:10 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 13
If 2k online play was like madden/ncaa it would be amazing. But online is unplayable.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #11
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

For me at least, 2k's online is better this year, I've played several lag free games, in years past, I couldn't even get online!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #12
Rookie

KCsFinest5's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noles4ever
If 2k online play was like madden/ncaa it would be amazing. But online is unplayable.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
I always hear this argument yet 2k has always been smoother online for me than madden. Go figure.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #13
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
FYI...other football games, including past Maddens on older systems, have done 11-on-11 better and got it right. It's not like football has "never got it right" before.

Plus, look at a game like Fifa.

So, yeah, there is no excuse.
FIFA really only has a few players interacting with each other every play so you can't bring that in a debating point. It's a known fact that football is and will always be the hardest sports game to make. Also no other company has got it 100% right, there has always been flaws in every game.

It's also not fair to compare games from other generations of gaming systems. I personally enjoy Tecmo from the NES days, does that make it a better game than what we have now? No.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 10-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

2k games have always had freezing issues, bugs and various other problems. 2k13 is no different, horrible menus, superfluous features that add little to the game and this year has more arcade like features.

Gameplay wise the teammate AI is awful as has been the case for years now. To overcome they added attributes like lockdown defender etc. to try and make the IA do certain things. Madden did that years ago but when 2k does it, everyone calls it innovative.

Still a great game but it gets overrated because EA doesn't make it.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #15
Rookie

KCsFinest5's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyoutofthecold
2k games have always had freezing issues, bugs and various other problems. 2k13 is no different, horrible menus, superfluous features that add little to the game and this year has more arcade like features.

Gameplay wise the teammate AI is awful as has been the case for years now. To overcome they added attributes like lockdown defender etc. to try and make the IA do certain things. Madden did that years ago but when 2k does it, everyone calls it innovative.

Still a great game but it gets overrated because EA doesn't make it.
Reading the 2k forums does not mean you have played/own 2k13. It is a terrific game this year and has improved in many ways from the previous year. Much like Madden 13 has to a lessor extent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

2k is good this year, but offensive rebounding is an eye sore, leads to too many points in the paint.(yes, i know how to box out)

Also, no autosave this year, questionable presentation by Jay-Z, and 2k appears to be trying to attract the casual crowd.

Anyway, it's still a better game than Madden, but still has issues.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »