Home

Madden Comes out October.16th!

This is a discussion on Madden Comes out October.16th! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Madden Comes out October.16th!

Another year and another unfinished product at launch. Hopefully this title update will improve the quality of the overall game when it hits. Still undecided on this but the details seem promising. Is it time that Madden gives its game developers a few more months to finish the game and release it at a later date, lets say mid December? What do you think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
Right right... And then it will be fully playable by mid- march. The August deadline isn't the problem with this title.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
Rookie

BengalsFan99's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden Comes out October.16th!

Yes, I say push the date back and give these guys time to make a complete game. Or maybe even come out every 2 years and have roster updates in between. Kinda like the Call of Duty or Hitman cycles. That is why those games are so freakin awesome! They take years before they make a new one, unlike Madden where they are rushing to get the game out before the season starts. Oct. 16th's patch version of Madden is the one I wanted on aug. 28th, I can finally have my Db's with no socks, mlb with dark visors, etc etc. May be corny to some but I love changing equipment, and I cant wait to hike up T.Pryor's rating to at least a 76 and take him to a super bowl with my Bengals. Gonna be good times!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Right right... And then it will be fully playable by mid- march. The August deadline isn't the problem with this title.
What is the problem then? Outside the normal stuff..no competition..I would think if they had more time they could put out a better finished product..
Old 10-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

Releasing it later would only help for one year. Think about it. It would only buy extra time for one cycle, because then production for the next version would start later as well. What they really need are more testers. Plus, most people want their sports games before the season starts.

Also, the NFL wouldn't allow for EA to release every two years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2012, 10:49 PM   #6
Rookie

Scribe1980's Arena

OVR: 5
Location: The oldest minor league hockey town in North America

EA creates more problems for itself by taking out stuff we've had for a generation or more, like customized rosters. No sympathy.

If this Oct. 16 update does what it is promises, then I'll have to wipe the beer rings off the disc and pop it back in.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #7
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11
I guess don't understand why someone would be ok with a 2 year cycle on a sports game. A ton changes from year to year in the nfl every year. It would make no sense from a bizz standpoint to do that. Also the majority of fans would go crazy. Oh, and the NFL would jump ship! Hmmmmm
Old 10-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #8
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

I mean I'm no rocket scientist, but couldn't they just have TWO development teams working in tandem with one team releasing one year and the other team the next? That would give each team a two year development cycle, more than enough time to create a decent game, or at least better than we have now. Waiting until October 16th to be able to play the main feature of a game released in August is piss poor at best. Now obviously the teams would have to share the engine and there would have to be some sort of contact between the two teams on a regular basis to keep things running right but I think it could at worst give each team a few months more time to get it right at release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »