Home

Bad online experience...need help

This is a discussion on Bad online experience...need help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Bad online experience...need help

Ok..so i feel pretty confident about my madden skills overall. I play realistic and use numerous plays throughout a game. In no way do I cheese, and cheesing really bothers me.

However, I played 3 online ranked games tonight, and I had terrible experiences 2 out of the 3 games.

Game 1 - I used the Falcons and my opponent was NE. The game started out ok...I took an early lead. Then he proceeded to run the same 3 plays for the remainder of the game...and was successful at them. He also chose to onside kick all the time. Long story short, a fumble resulted in me losing 21 to 28. What was really bothering me was that he would run a pass play that has Gronk running a smash route to the sideline. He was uncovered 100% of the time. I tried everything. Man defense, zone coverage. Adjusting my coverage to spotlight Gronk, shade gronk to sideline, press coverage, everything possible in the game...none of it mattered, he had like 15 catches for 200 yrds and a couple touchdowns. If it wasnt the pass play to Gronk it was the draw play to Ridley.

Even though this game pissed me off I decided to try one more....

Game 2 - I got matched up against a guy who used the Chiefs, and I went Lions. He actually played a legit game and it was fun.

I pressed my luck though because I continued on for a third game of the night.

Game 3 - I used the Vikings and the guy I played used the Rams. For the whole game he ran 3 to 4 run plays with S. Jackson and 1 pass play to his TE. Jackson was pretty much Walter Payton...I know the Vikings aren't great, but I should not give up 45 points to someone who is running all the time. I made several adjustments and like the first game, my players wouldn't respond the way they should. So I assume these were cheese plays being used against me.

So I have a couple of questions for my fellow OS users:

1. How do you stop these cheese plays if adjustments dont work? Or is it not possible?

2. What player feedback do you give for cheesers?

3. Is there a way to see player feedback scores? That way you dont get stuck playing a cheeser?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 04:33 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Bad online experience...need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers=SuperBowl
Ok..so i feel pretty confident about my madden skills overall. I play realistic and use numerous plays throughout a game. In no way do I cheese, and cheesing really bothers me.

However, I played 3 online ranked games tonight, and I had terrible experiences 2 out of the 3 games.

Game 1 - I used the Falcons and my opponent was NE. The game started out ok...I took an early lead. Then he proceeded to run the same 3 plays for the remainder of the game...and was successful at them. He also chose to onside kick all the time. Long story short, a fumble resulted in me losing 21 to 28. What was really bothering me was that he would run a pass play that has Gronk running a smash route to the sideline. He was uncovered 100% of the time. I tried everything. Man defense, zone coverage. Adjusting my coverage to spotlight Gronk, shade gronk to sideline, press coverage, everything possible in the game...none of it mattered, he had like 15 catches for 200 yrds and a couple touchdowns. If it wasnt the pass play to Gronk it was the draw play to Ridley.

Even though this game pissed me off I decided to try one more....

Game 2 - I got matched up against a guy who used the Chiefs, and I went Lions. He actually played a legit game and it was fun.

I pressed my luck though because I continued on for a third game of the night.

Game 3 - I used the Vikings and the guy I played used the Rams. For the whole game he ran 3 to 4 run plays with S. Jackson and 1 pass play to his TE. Jackson was pretty much Walter Payton...I know the Vikings aren't great, but I should not give up 45 points to someone who is running all the time. I made several adjustments and like the first game, my players wouldn't respond the way they should. So I assume these were cheese plays being used against me.

So I have a couple of questions for my fellow OS users:

1. How do you stop these cheese plays if adjustments dont work? Or is it not possible?

2. What player feedback do you give for cheesers?

3. Is there a way to see player feedback scores? That way you dont get stuck playing a cheeser?
why even waste the time playing a cheeser is my question. Seriously.. go find some communities of players that do not cheese. I would never EVER play a cheeser..it is something i stopped many many moons ago when online gaming started to become popular. There will always be cheaters in every online game..the only thing to do is avoid them...simple as that.

It is sad though..i understand the frustration you have..wanting to be able to simply go and play a quick online game but have to worry if the player is a cheater.

I honestly dont use the word "cheese" or cheeser" ...thats too polite imho..i call them striaght up "CHEATERS" because that is what they are.

So do you really wanna waste the time sitting around playing with CHEATERS? ...do what you gotta do to avoid them and go find people you can trust. When ever you play someone that play's "fair" add them to you're friends list..so you can start to have a listing of "good" players that you can hit up if you are looking for a quick game.

Also ..make sure to let them know you do not want any cheating and tell them if they use exploits, do tons of onside kicks, run same play over and over..you cant play with them.

I found it was frustrating at first that i had to do this in order to find good players but after a while..you get use to it and it feels like nothing and you will finally get a huge amount of contacts with fair playing dudes.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Bad online experience...need help

Like the previous poster said...either join a community (OS has one) or join an online league.

Ranked lobby play will get you games with cheesy players 80-90% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 10-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

Everything you do is your choice, I have a love/hate relationship with play now games but I do it for the sake of knowing whats out their and to recognize those types of players in my communities and online franchises. I also love the competition at times.

There's several ways to try and stop these dudes and plays and that HUMAN PLAY RECOGNITION! that means you would have to replicate what they are doing to you and see how they stop it and you use that as part of your scheme if its not glitchy or what not.

With regards to cheesing, its inevitable no matter who you play, I find myself running the same 3 to 4 defensive plays because thats what my opponent dictates. If they ran a variety of plays like I like to and I DO on offense, then that would be great, but I can only play to my opponents strength and make it his weakness if you get what im saying.

No matter how much I pout about it, you learn alot and can expose people who claim to be sim and it also makes you a tougher and better opponent in the long run!
Old 10-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for the feedback thus far guys.

I think the thing that bothered me most was the Gronk smash route. I honestly tried everything imaginable and it still wouldn't cover him. It made no sense. Even playing a Cover 2 where I was supposed to just have my corner sitting out at that flat playing zone...yet my corner was no where to be found
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Bad online experience...need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers=SuperBowl
Thanks for the feedback thus far guys.

I think the thing that bothered me most was the Gronk smash route. I honestly tried everything imaginable and it still wouldn't cover him. It made no sense. Even playing a Cover 2 where I was supposed to just have my corner sitting out at that flat playing zone...yet my corner was no where to be found

Your LB probably couldn't cover the TE man-to-man and he was probably using a route combo to bust your zones. Zone assignments in Madden often don't work as the CB/OLB can be "distracted" from their responsibility if a WR runs to the area just in front of or behind them before a 2nd WR runs to their assigned area.

In other words, the timing and location of the route can "pull" the defender deeper or more shallow to open the area for a trailing WR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »