Home

player progress

This is a discussion on player progress within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
player progress

am i missing something is there now way to view player progress this year. In years past once the season ended you could look at all the players in the league to see how they progressd. Example you could look at a player and it would say he is a 90 and it would have a +3 by him and it would even show the different rattens like it mite say speed 90 -2. I cant find any where that shows how much players around the league went up or down do you have to jus rember where the player started at and where they are now. I find it hard to belive that ea would have taken out beening able to view how all players progress in the league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: player progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
am i missing something is there now way to view player progress this year. In years past once the season ended you could look at all the players in the league to see how they progressd. Example you could look at a player and it would say he is a 90 and it would have a +3 by him and it would even show the different rattens like it mite say speed 90 -2. I cant find any where that shows how much players around the league went up or down do you have to jus rember where the player started at and where they are now. I find it hard to belive that ea would have taken out beening able to view how all players progress in the league.
Yup, from what I can tell there is no way to tell progression. Furthermore, REGRESSION is what interests me the most. Since we progress our own players manually, I would love to see a section that shows me how my players REGRESSED.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

OVR: 3

I came on looking to have that question answered and it was the first post...how weird....def sucks! if anyone happens to stumble upon it tucked away somewhere, please share!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

That's a bummer. I have a slightly different gripe, however: Why do veteran players earn "progression points" so dramatically? Jared Allen is 30 years old - although he's an excellent player, nobody's under the illusion that he's going to dramatically improve his skills in the next few years. If anything, he'll start to regress, and then fall off a cliff. Yet, week after week, Jared is near the top of my "progress players" screen, with 3,000 or so points to apply to new skills. Granted, those skills cost more to upgrade because he's a 96 OVR.

I'm just not sure I like the progression. I liked it better in NBA 2k where you do the drills, but that's imperfect as well because if you happen to suck at a particular drill, you're kind of stuck. The NHL franchise has this same problem, older players need to noticeably regress.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »