Home

Playbook that lets me line up a QB at WR?

This is a discussion on Playbook that lets me line up a QB at WR? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
Rookie

Legionnaire's Arena

OVR: 5
Playbook that lets me line up a QB at WR?

What playbooks feature Wildcat-type formations where a QB lines up at a WR spot?

Here's why I'm asking...

In my CCM, I've been hit by the injury bug at the WR position. I'm torn on what to do. I'm in the playoffs, and my injured guys will be healthy in time to play in the Super Bowl (or possibly the conference championship, I forget the exact math)... so I don't necessarily want to just IR them and sign new WRs.

I have a QB on my roster who is athletic enough to play WR, but the depth chart won't let me put him there. Nor can I change his position, of course.

But it occurs to me that if I use a playbook that has Wildcat stuff that sends a QB to the WR spot, I can possibly use that as a workaround to play my athletic QB at WR (and prevent myself from having to IR guys, so maybe they can come back in time to participate if I make it to the Super Bowl). This is assuming the game will let me do a formation sub to line up a real QB in position to take the snap while still keeping my athletic QB lined up in a WR position.

I'm not sure I'd want to run Wildcat plays all day long. But I really want to find a way to play my athletic QB at WR so I can avoid having to IR guys who I'd like to see come back to play in the big game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
Rookie

MryumNug's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playbook that lets me line up a QB at WR?

Try Carolina's playbook first and foremost. After that try the west coast playbook.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:54 PM   #3
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

NYJ playbook has both wildcat and a shotgun formation that puts QBs at WR, especially when you much around with the right-stick package subs.

I believe run heavy would help too.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #4
Rookie

koszak27's Arena

OVR: 0

Definitely try the Jets playbook out in practice. Just watch out because it defaults to your #2 QB taking snaps in the Wildcat.

"It is amazing how many drivers think that the brakes are for slowing the car down."
Mario Andretti

FIFA '15 Dynasty: Team of Randoms
Old 10-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
Rookie

DJDReW3102's Arena

OVR: 7

try flash formation in Cleveland's playbook if you are trying to actually pass the ball to the QB. Only one I've seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »