Home

Only being able to negotiate contracts in last year ruins game

This is a discussion on Only being able to negotiate contracts in last year ruins game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Only being able to negotiate contracts in last year ruins game

The game is ruined the more you play ccm because you cannot negotiate any contracts until a player is in the last year of their contract. This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. There is absolutely no reason why I cannot negotiate a new contract with any player I want to approach. This ruins the game and makes any quality team go over the salary cap in a few years, leaving star players to switch teams much faster than real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Only being able to negotiate contracts in last year ruins game

It's really silly. One of many frustrating things about this new mode that just wasn't worth the switch over imo. I thought I'd grow into it, but no, I just find more wrong about it.

It would've been worth it if they added things like;

- Having an Active/Inactive player system.
- Practice squads for cut players with the ability to possibly sign them on the official team roster when needed.
- Better universal XP/progression system.
- Custom playbooks.
- Custom plays.
- Formation Subs (at the CCM menu, not in-game).
- Better/more practical practices

...and a slew of other things that really make a career mode. I really like the game, but the CCM just hasn't really done anything that great (not to mention all the subtractions that took place).
Old 10-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah I hate the contract system too.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
It's really silly. One of many frustrating things about this new mode that just wasn't worth the switch over imo. I thought I'd grow into it, but no, I just find more wrong about it.

It would've been worth it if they added things like;

- Having an Active/Inactive player system.
- Practice squads for cut players with the ability to possibly sign them on the official team roster when needed.
- Better universal XP/progression system.
- Custom playbooks.
- Custom plays.
- Formation Subs (at the CCM menu, not in-game).
- Better/more practical practices

...and a slew of other things that really make a career mode. I really like the game, but the CCM just hasn't really done anything that great (not to mention all the subtractions that took place).
1. agreed. With all the injuries you need depth
2. same as above. 53 only roster is ridiculous
3. I'm liking the xp system, but am not sure the cpu uses it right for all the other teams
4. agreed
5. agreed
6. agreed
7. apparently they are going to add xp boosts for players in practice mode when you do well with them. That's a good start

But to me, I can look past all those other things, but the aggravation of not being able to sign top players to new contracts to stay under the salary cap ruins what fun was left in the "new" connected careers.

I have to dump a star player every other year as the Lions just to keep Stafford and Johnson signed. Instead of if I'm 10 million over the cap, I can re-negotiate a new contract for those guys leaving me 10 million or more available for the next few years.

I'm in 2018 with the Lions and cannot afford any stars anymore except one. I had to trade everyone else away just to keep Calvin Johnson.

If I have cheap players around the core, I should be able to keep Stafford, Johnson, Suh, and Tullock
Old 10-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebizarrojerry
I'm in 2018 with the Lions and cannot afford any stars anymore except one. I had to trade everyone else away just to keep Calvin Johnson.

If I have cheap players around the core, I should be able to keep Stafford, Johnson, Suh, and Tullock
That is sort of the point of a salary cap isn't it, you're not really supposed to have a probowler at every position...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2012, 01:39 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsin
That is sort of the point of a salary cap isn't it, you're not really supposed to have a probowler at every position...
I don't have one at every position

I have Stafford, Johnson, Suh, Tulloch. That's it.

This is in 2018, I cannot afford even 2 of them anymore. I had to sell everyone just to keep Calvin Johnson and a roster with low 80's draftees and very cheap 600k a year free agents.

I can't even afford them when they get 3-4 years into a long big contract. In real life I should be able to sign them to another long term contract pushing the balloon payments farther down the future.

Also does the salary cap even rise every year? In 2018 does it stay the same as the 2012 season? I bet it does.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

The cap should raise every year I'm in year 2 online ccm using the colts and the cap is 130mil so just off the top of my head in 2018 it should be around 155mil ? But yea it will be tight having 3 players taking up 60 mil of your cap... But I love the salary cap as it brings more to the game.. Just gotta plan on who to resign n who you can let go..
Old 10-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #8
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

What's your cap penalty for next year trading all those players?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »