Home

what does the size trait count for?

This is a discussion on what does the size trait count for? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2012, 12:16 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: what does the size trait count for?

I think what he is trying to say is that a scheme, such as a run stopping cornerback will show that a Corner with bigger size which is preferred in real life for that type of scheme is downgraded in Madden.

Yes, for every other position the scheme correalates to the numbers in regards to size except for corner back and it's relative scheme. I like to have my corners bigger, and I have noticed it as well.

However, I have seen size make a considerable difference in how a person moves within the game. For example, a RB who is 5'8 180 can move quicker and stop on a dime better than a RB who is 6'2 225 and has almost identical attributes in speed, acceleration, elusiviness, and agility. So with that in mind, the CPU will downgrade a corner because his bigger size does not allow him to be more "quick". Even though like numbers, as far as attributes are the same.

People who say size doesn't make a difference in this year's game is full of it.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:22 AM   #10
Banned

General Butt Naked's Arena

OVR: 3

I would hope a players size would effect how the infinity engine works. The actual attribute wouldn't do anything because its just an indicator from position to position. I think it just meant to assist u when evaluating talent. But since size doesn't matter in certain instances, like blocking engagements because its not physics based, then a Tackles size attribute really doesn't matter.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:23 AM   #11
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Hmm, this is pretty interesting stuff. I never really care what the size "rating" was before. I've always been concerned with does his actual size and weight fit what I want. I'll look a lil deeper now the next time I'm looking at someone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2012, 01:26 AM   #12
Rookie

jmacz's Arena

OVR: 1

It does have something to do with ratings, I created myself for a solo CCM as a route running WR, and I went to the Patriots. I made the player 5'7 175 or something and got a 99 size rating and a 1 point boost to my rating compared from the time before when i was 5'9 200.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:42 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

It sure has nothing to do with the line play. There is a video floating around here where this guy creates the smallest player possible and put him on the o line with a 5 in all the blocking ratings. The guy was blocking like a boss. It looked so ridiculous. So don't spend much time worrying about your lineman's ratings and size. They don't matter at all when playing. Probably matter when simming though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »