Home

Run/pass ratio can be fixed. Offline only

This is a discussion on Run/pass ratio can be fixed. Offline only within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 8
Anyone else try this?
Old 10-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Run/pass ratio can be fixed. Offline only

Ill try it tonight and if it works I can at least be a little happier about that I can force a different pass/run ratio out of the CPU team hopefully being able to allow a team to play to its strengths
Old 10-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #11
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Can you set them to a custom playbook?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

I found some interesting info on each play book. I did not see what plays are done on certain downs but what plays are in each play book

For example:
Tom Landry - quick pass-22, shotgun-31, PA pass-47, Standard-60, screens-10; inside runs-38, outside-13, pitch-10, counters-10, draw-8
So, 170 pass plays to 79 runs in his play book

Brian billick- quick 27,standard-78,shotgun-23,PA- 68,screen-13; runs inside-55,out-17, pitch-13, counter-15 draw-13
So, 196 pass to 100 run s

So Pass balance was 218 to 65; balance was 190-60; run balance- 166-63, west coast 193-58; run n gun-163 to 67; run heavy 118 to 72
Tom Flores- 155 to 55; Walsh -185-75; vermeil- 228 to 114; madden- 154 to 58; Gibbs- 169 to 100;
Old 10-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere
The plays will all be generic then. I can only assume that in the Falcons playbook, they have a lot of formations featuring 2 or 3 WR, 1 TE, and 1 RB

This should be different than the New England playbook which should feature a lot of 2 TE or 3 WR sets, and different than New Orleans which should feature a lot of 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB sets or 4 WR 1 TE sets

If you set all of the "dominant" passing teams to have the same playbook, would they not all just call the same formations and plays? There would be no difference between these teams
Long term we might have to edit each playbook each year to adjust to each teams strength. That way it won't feel generic. It won't bother me just as long as team plays to their strengths. That will definitely make the game a lot more enjoyable.

Now if they can only havve penalties like NFL 2K5
Old 10-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
Long term we might have to edit each playbook each year to adjust to each teams strength. That way it won't feel generic. It won't bother me just as long as team plays to their strengths. That will definitely make the game a lot more enjoyable.

Now if they can only havve penalties like NFL 2K5
Wait custom playbooks are in CCM?
Old 10-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #15
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHalt621
Wait custom playbooks are in CCM?
No, I believe they are referring to manually using the second controller to change the playbooks before you start the game of the week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
No, I believe they are referring to manually using the second controller to change the playbooks before you start the game of the week.
That is correct

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »