Home

Is CCM the same as Franchise? & Is COOP Back?

This is a discussion on Is CCM the same as Franchise? & Is COOP Back? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is CCM the same as Franchise? & Is COOP Back?

I purchased Madden 13 when it came out but when I heard it didn't have offline coop in franchise I never even played it. Now it looks like the patch added the ability of some type of coop. Here is what was posted:

Added the ability for multiple people to join a CCM game. This applies to coaches only.

Does that statement mean coop is now available as two players on the same team? I don't understand what it means when it says "applies to coaches only"

Also since I haven't played yet, is CCM the same thing as franchise for the most part? I just want to play multiple seasons with my friend in offline coop, do the scouting, drafting and all the other fun stuff all other Madden's allowed. Is this possible now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Is CCM the same as Franchise? & Is COOP Back?

At the beginning of CCM, you choose an avatar - a player or a coach. If you choose a player, you get an experience akin to what was previously Superstar mode, whereas if you choose a coach, you get an experience similar to the mode formerly known as Franchise mode.

The new option you speak of - "Play Along" - is for offline CCMs only (vs online). It allows you to have more than one controller enabled for any game you play. It is only enabled if you are using a coach as your avatar - thus "coaches only".

When playing as a coach, CCM in fact allows you control of player scouting, the draft, free agency, player progression, play the season from Preseason to Super Bowl, etc.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Wonderful, thank you for the quick and descriptive reply!
Old 10-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ok so quick follow up question now. What he posted about multiple users joining ccm. Is this for Offline? Like if I do an offline ccm, could I control multiple teams from my one profile?
Old 10-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
Rookie

cbiscuit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyedude33
Ok so quick follow up question now. What he posted about multiple users joining ccm. Is this for Offline? Like if I do an offline ccm, could I control multiple teams from my one profile?
no you still cant control multiple teams, but you and up to three of your friends can control the same team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #6
Banned

Sotendo's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbiscuit
no you still cant control multiple teams, but you and up to three of your friends can control the same team.
Can you and your friends each have their own teams like in the past?
Old 10-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotendo
Can you and your friends each have their own teams like in the past?
Online yes (you each need a copy of the game and online pass + live gold if your on xbox live), offline no.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #8
Rookie

ok that answers my question. and I am quite disappointed. Was really hoping it could be like Madden 12 and each of my friends have their own offline team under their control

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »