Home

What is more important for you, Offline or Online CCM?

This is a discussion on What is more important for you, Offline or Online CCM? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What is more important, Offline or Online CCM?
Offline CCM. 110 80.29%
Online CCM. 14 10.22%
Both is equally important. 13 9.49%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: What is more important for you, Offline or Online CCM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunner
Find good human opponents is tough, even those who say they dont cheese. At least you know what your getting with offline
Not really, most stable leagues, especially ones run by OS members here, one of the largest sports gaming communities in existence, are great guys to play against.

Honestly, I think a lot of people who refuse to play online just find it more fun to beat up on the CPU instead of playing other people who they may lose to and have their ego take a hit.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #26
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Not really, most stable leagues, especially ones run by OS members here, one of the largest sports gaming communities in existence, are great guys to play against.

Honestly, I think a lot of people who refuse to play online just find it more fun to beat up on the CPU instead of playing other people who they may lose to and have their ego take a hit.

False, but nice hypothesis attempt....
Old 10-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
i only play offline franchise/coach regardless of games. im old, i cant use sticks, i dont want to play a 3yr online who is the madden "pinball wizard".

i want to run the office and call the plays. i want to immerse myself in the draft and building a franchise.
Ueauvan and others, I've got a thread in the Online forum, looking to start a PS3 league for players just like us, no stick control, just pitting our wits against each other with play calling and drafting!...sign up if you're interested.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #28
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

But how do you play in an online league with others when you have a tight work and family schedule without screwing up other members? Plus I like NHL 13.

I'm doing an offline and online league single player league to compare gameplay experience. Most of the settings are the same. Rosters are a tad different though I probably would have done two different teams. One Coach is a Team Builder the other a Motivator. With the latest patch CCM has improved. (I said something two nice things about EA, plus I reserve the right to blast them since I'm a shareholder). I'm not finding anything weird about either form. All-Pro level with all penalties at 55. Offline I did have more calls especially holding and roughing the passer. I find variety in that. Game calling is a bit different but at the end stats were balanced and similiar. I did not find more running plays in one mode over the other. I'm basing the differences on score, turnovers, and overall play calling. Fantasy draft is online only and it's confusing. Custom rosters offline only. I'm giving single play both modes a
Old 10-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #29
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Offline is by far more important to me. I'm not an online gamer. I like to just sit down, and pick up and play when I get time to.

Hopefully EA see's this thread and realizes it's not all about online.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
False, but nice hypothesis attempt....
Just because it doesn't apply to you doesn't mean it's not true..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 10-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Just because it doesn't apply to you doesn't mean it's not true..
To him, that's exactly what it means.

And I agree. I only play solo. I play in a private, 1 team CCM online. Honestly the only pro I've found is that I don't have to save every time I play. It keeps me from quitting when I lose or when a key player gets hurt.

I like playing human opponents. But I'm getting older (which blows) and have responsibilities. I get a game or two in a while the wife's working or I've got free time on my days off. It's not that I like beating up on CPU opponents. Some people just like playing the game how/when they want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #32
Rookie

kunner's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

I lose to the CPU, doesnt matter to me, I want a realistic gameplay, and I have found that solo CCM, whether online or off, gets me closer to that reality than playing against a human opponent.
NCAA- Wisconsin Badgers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »