Home

Credit where credit is due

This is a discussion on Credit where credit is due within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Credit where credit is due

I have been pretty critical with Madden 13's lacks of customization, loss of draft imports, watered down franchise and an overall degradation of the offline components of the game at launch.

However I feel that the latest patch has at least attempted to sate a large portion of the offline "GM/Sim" crowd with use of custom rosters and limited editing that has - at least for me personally - made the game much more enjoyable.

If next year EA could focus on a few things, namely a focus on editing draft classes and perhaps an NCAA tie along with better CPU/CPU (or sim) enhancements, in this game might actually be moving forward in the right direction.

So thank you for listening EA, the game is not perfect but I am now enjoying the game where before it was just collecting dust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Credit where credit is due

Madden had to do something drastic and overhaul their entire series because what they were doing just wasn't gonna cut it. So I gave them credit for 13, I still do, what they've done to the game is huge, the engine, CCM, a lot of people don't like it, but if they were to release another Madden 12, they wouldn't like that either. I only got Madden for the online league that I am (yes league is THAT good) I originally was done with Madden, my expectations for what Madden was going to be before it came out was like 3/10... Now I would give it a 6/10 maybe even 7 just cause it still has major issues, but I always have to tell myself, what they did with this Madden was a step in the right direction.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Credit where credit is due

This is the first version in YEARS that felt fresh. The infinity engine is worse than NCAA 13's engine, but maybe it has longer term potential.

But presentation is best ever, and after years of Madden having a shel life of a few weeks, this one is different enough to have staying power.

First time I'm looking forward to next year in eons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »