Home

Surprising Penalty

This is a discussion on Surprising Penalty within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3
Surprising Penalty

Madden typically overcalls some penalties and then never calls others. But just now I had a surprising but accurate call in a game I've never seen before and which has no slider for it: "Illegal Touching".

My WR stepped one foot out of the back of the end zone then came back in and caught a TD pass. Bingo, appropriately called.

Kudos to EA on this one.

Last edited by Old School SD Fan; 10-25-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Surprising Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
Madden typically overcalls some penalties and then never calls others. But just now I had a surprising but accurate call in a game I've never seen before and which has no slider for it: "Illegal Touching".

My WR stepped one foot out of the back of the end zone then came back in and caught a TD pass. Bingo, appropriately called.

Kudos to EA on this one.
yea i've had that called on me couple times it cost me one game but thought it was cool when it was called because same thing happen to me my wr stepped out came back in caught td.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I've had this called as well but it is still messed up. I think it only gets called in end zone situations. I've had more than a few times where receivers have ran out of bounds on the sidelines and came back in to make the catch and get no call. Also, today I punted a ball towards the sidelines and the returner ran back, stepped out of bounds, came back in and returned the kick.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

I've had an illegal touching come from a sideline route and not in the endzone. I thought it was the greatest thing ever in my madden lifetime! I wish they could implement all penalties into the game.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAB8
I've had an illegal touching come from a sideline route and not in the endzone. I thought it was the greatest thing ever in my madden lifetime! I wish they could implement all penalties into the game.
ditto, same thing in different games twice....blew my mind
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

I'll admit it, I yelled out loud when I first ha this called because I saw my WR step out of bounds and then come back in and catch it. THEN, the Illegal Touch was called and I was like... way...to...go.

P.S. Who's the grinch going around giving threads a single star rating? I mean, yeah, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but just feels like someone gets their jollies by giving threads single stars...
Old 10-25-2012, 10:32 PM   #7
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
I'll admit it, I yelled out loud when I first ha this called because I saw my WR step out of bounds and then come back in and catch it. THEN, the Illegal Touch was called and I was like... way...to...go.

P.S. Who's the grinch going around giving threads a single star rating? I mean, yeah, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but just feels like someone gets their jollies by giving threads single stars...
I gave this one a single star vote...

1- it's been posted already (ages ago)
2- I can't believe people are praising the game for getting this penalty right when it's missing so many others
3-It's a football rule that should be in a football game...I mean BackBreaker has it.

4-
Old 10-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
I gave this one a single star vote...

1- it's been posted already (ages ago)
2- I can't believe people are praising the game for getting this penalty right when it's missing so many others
3-It's a football rule that should be in a football game...I mean BackBreaker has it.

4-
Okay, but you're not the one giving all the other threads 1 star... or if you are, then I was wrong and it wasn't someone doing it just for jollies then...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »