Home

Teams releasing star players and other strange stories

This is a discussion on Teams releasing star players and other strange stories within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2012, 02:07 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Teams releasing star players and other strange stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
What is the problem? Ryan being a FA (what year anyway?)? What is "pretend" is assuming you know exactly what is going to happen in the future. You pretend there is no way Matt Ryan will be a FA in x years... there are a million different reasons in real life it could happen. Why it is happening in the game, I have no idea, it may be for a good reason, it may be for bad programming, I don't know, but if there is one thing I do know...anything can happen. To pretend otherwise would be foolish for a person to do.

2 years ago name fine one person who would have believed that Payton Manning would be released by the Colts and signed by the Broncos? Just the year before it actually happened...anyone? anyone?

And before you start, no Ryan didn't get hurt in the game, but we have no idea what happened to cause Ryan to get released in the game.
thats just fanboy talk
it isnt the fact its Ryan its the fact its alot of stars being released what dont you understand about that
and bringing up Manning lol you realize stuff like that doesnt happens 5 times in the same year right
time to wake up man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2012, 02:10 AM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostbugg
mario williams, sidney rice, reggie bush, Antonio Cromartie.... I can go on if you want...

All young, very talented players who were dropped into free agency early in their careers. things like this are not unthinkable.
yes but that different their contracts were up
and all those players signed with other teams they didnt spend the year in free agency
Old 11-05-2012, 02:41 AM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Maybe Matt Ryan had been revealed to be involved in a elaborate and extremely profitable offseason cockfighting ring over the last several seasons. Upon knowledge and a thorough investigation by the NFL, Matt Ryan was suspended indefinitely.

However, after an appeal by Matt Ryan's legal staff, it became knowledge that all of Matt Ryan's elicit activities occurred out of the country in a small town in Mexico and thus out of the NFL's jurisdiction and the suspension was subsequently lifted.

The Falcons, knowing they can't suffer the brunt of another animal cruelty related dilemma make it immediately known that they will not tolerate anybody involved with such a heinous act and release Matt Ryan just minutes after it's ruled that his suspension has been lifted making him a free agent.
LMAO! Great scenario sir
Old 11-05-2012, 02:59 AM   #44
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
First, given the off-field problems with Suh, it really isn't that odd is it? Second, when I take over a team, I have no problem letting go of star players (hopefully for draft picks, but if not then FA) that do not fit the philosophy of my team! Perhaps, Suh no longer fits what the coach of Detroit is trying to do with his team now?
The computer doesn't factor in off the field issues when deciding who to keep / get rid of. There are no off the field issues in Madden. Instead of objectively looking at what happened you're inserting your own scenario to justify what the CPU did. As for him not fitting the scheme in that scenario he'd be traded not outright released.

Quote:
I just don't find anything odd about what an AI does in a game
lol.

Quote:
If I took over the Falcons, first thing I would do is get a new stud RB and dump (well, okay, I wouldn't dump I'd try and get some 1st rounders for him but if no one would trade then) him.
Wow at creating this incredibly black and white scenario where the only two available options are to trade him for 'some first rounders' or dump him. Then praising the AI for being fluid because they, according to you, behave this way.

Quote:
my point is there are a million reasons to do anything, and i believe the fact that we are seeing ryan being dropped for no apparent reason is a positive sign of ai, not negative just because "you" would never drop ryan.
There are not a million reasons that CPU uses to decide whether or not to drop a player in Madden. I would guess there are less than 10 things the CPU looks at when deciding whether to resign/drop/trade a player.

Quote:
how many playoff games has Ryan won... maybe that's a factor in the decision.
SMH, no, just no...
Old 11-05-2012, 03:31 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
The computer doesn't factor in off the field issues when deciding who to keep / get rid of. There are no off the field issues in Madden. Instead of objectively looking at what happened you're inserting your own scenario to justify what the CPU did. As for him not fitting the scheme in that scenario he'd be traded not outright released.

lol.

Wow at creating this incredibly black and white scenario where the only two available options are to trade him for 'some first rounders' or dump him. Then praising the AI for being fluid because they, according to you, behave this way.

There are not a million reasons that CPU uses to decide whether or not to drop a player in Madden. I would guess there are less than 10 things the CPU looks at when deciding whether to resign/drop/trade a player.

SMH, no, just no...
yes exactly the ppl defending the A.I as if it really knows what its doing is ludicrous to me
there is just no defending the programming of this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2012, 05:22 AM   #46
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelsnarf
So I'm in my second year of offline CCM with Philadelphia, and it's week 4 in the preseason. So before my last game I decide to pick up another player or two because I was a little short on depth. So I go into the FA list and I see Ndamukong Suh sitting there at the top with a 94 overall. At first I thought I was seeing things or maybe he was injured, but I checked and he had a pro bowl season the year before.

Has anyone else seen strange things like this happen?
YES this is a huge problem with CCM..the "AI General Mananger"/depth chart logic, is absolutely broken waaaaayyy to many star players being cut/released and this happens even with the salary cap OFF..this needs to be addressed in the future for sure if CCM is gonna survive
Old 11-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

After winning 5 superbowls in a row on dynasty mode with the Chargers under Norv Turner, I was fired after having a 2-14 season the year after. Not even A.J. Smith would do such a thing IRL....or would he?
Old 11-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLocano
After winning 5 superbowls in a row on dynasty mode with the Chargers under Norv Turner, I was fired after having a 2-14 season the year after. Not even A.J. Smith would do such a thing IRL....or would he?
If ever there was evidence that Madden is a highly flawed game, it is revealed here, in that Norv Turner coached a team to multiple Super Bowl wins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »