Home

Custom Playbooks NOT in CC for Madden 13

This is a discussion on Custom Playbooks NOT in CC for Madden 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Custom Playbooks NOT in CC for Madden 13

Looman stated that you will not be able to use custom playbooks in Connected Careers for Madden 13. He said he wanted to get it in this year but wants it to be perfect before it gets put back in.

Here's the link to the video where he said it. Scroll to the 9:15 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=eu4xhPtM6js

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.
Re: Custom Playbooks NOT in CC for Madden 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGW88
Looman stated that you will not be able to use custom playbooks in Connected Careers for Madden 13. He said he wanted to get it in this year but wants it to be perfect before it gets put back in.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that we keep hearing the same thing each time, "...they didn't have time to fit it in." That is the only reason I keep saying that it doesn't seem too professional per allotting their time and resources, and it also proves - for a fact - they, too, wanted all of our beloved features in the game from the start...but...they still choose to give us next to half of what they set out to make. That's what has people mad. Instead of taking the time to give us the entire game experience that we deserve and that they clearly think we deserve, they are giving us only a partial game this year.

The masses are mostly, now divided into two halves:

SIDE A - is half of the fanbase who only wanted a game with great physics and gameplay and doesn't care about customization/editing or that it will only be accurate for this one season (per only your starting roster).

SIDE B - is another half of the fanbase who simply wanted the same bells and whistles we've always had for custimization/editing (only we wanted them fixed, serviceable) and to implement a RTP of sorts.

Everyone obviously wants the entire package, but the problem I'm encountering a lot is that SIDE A who have gotten all that they want and care about are really smugly laying it on and blasting SIDE B as whiners, trolls, throwing shots, etc.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
Rookie

Icarus2k9's Arena

OVR: 5

It's a shame they took those out (or didn't put them in? I forget the semantics). Enjoyed the concept of making my own playbook as the years progressed and my offence evolved last year.

As long as these omissions don't become the big additions for next year and are more matter of course improvements in time, I can tolerate it in return for the CCM. Though can understand if this would be a deal breaker for some just a short while after their addition.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGW88

Thoughts?
I'm glad, they don't work properly and can be exploited.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
My thoughts are that we keep hearing the same thing each time, "...they didn't have time to fit it in." That is the only reason I keep saying that it doesn't seem too professional per allotting their time and resources, and it also proves - for a fact - they, too, wanted all of our beloved features in the game from the start...but...they still choose to give us next to half of what they set out to make. That's what has people mad. Instead of taking the time to give us the entire game experience that we deserve and that they clearly think we deserve, they are giving us only a partial game this year.

The masses are mostly, now divided into two halves:

SIDE A - is half of the fanbase who only wanted a game with great physics and gameplay and doesn't care about customization/editing or that it will only be accurate for this one season (per only your starting roster).

SIDE B - is another half of the fanbase who simply wanted the same bells and whistles we've always had for custimization/editing (only we wanted them fixed, serviceable) and to implement a RTP of sorts.

Everyone obviously wants the entire package, but the problem I'm encountering a lot is that SIDE A who have gotten all that they want and care about are really smugly laying it on and blasting SIDE B as whiners, trolls, throwing shots, etc.
Well to be quite honest, the sides were reversed last year.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
Pro

ThaShark28_316's Arena

OVR: 10

I wondered why last night...

If they want to get it RIGHT, I'm ok with that. Panthers book, here I come!
Horns FBall
Horns BBall
Stars
Old 06-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
I'm glad, they don't work properly and can be exploited.

I agree. It was very glitchy and people could exploit them like crazy. I never personally used them but I can see for others why it still would suck.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

At least they are being open and up front about everything. Same reason why RTP wasn't put in NCAA, if they put it in, there could be a lot of bugs that crept in.

Sounds like they need to lay down the foundation first, and then add all the bells and whistles to make sure everything runs clean.

In addition, no need to take shots at one side or the other. Cuttingteeth, if you have any issues with posters that are making you defensive, please seek out one of the mods and not try to air dirty laundry in the forums. That stuff is for private messaging. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »