Home

Some questions about Madden 13 from a potential buyer

This is a discussion on Some questions about Madden 13 from a potential buyer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Some questions about Madden 13 from a potential buyer

DON'T BUY IT. I bought it yesterday and am returning it tomorrow.

A serious number of people, including myself, have constant, unfixable freezing issues. It's cross-platform and means that I literally can't play offline CCM because it literally freezes 100% of the time. I've tried everything, as have many other people, without a fix. The reason we USE consoles is to avoid these problems, unacceptable.

And if you want to play online, you have to use outdated rosters as they're only updated every few weeks. It may also freeze all the time, but I didn't fully test it out.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by btemp
DON'T BUY IT. I bought it yesterday and am returning it tomorrow.

A serious number of people, including myself, have constant, unfixable freezing issues. It's cross-platform and means that I literally can't play offline CCM because it literally freezes 100% of the time. I've tried everything, as have many other people, without a fix. The reason we USE consoles is to avoid these problems, unacceptable.

And if you want to play online, you have to use outdated rosters as they're only updated every few weeks. It may also freeze all the time, but I didn't fully test it out.
Did you buy it used? If anything, with EA games you must buy it new or else you have to pay an extra $10 for online pass. Maybe it's just the disk and that was why it was used?
Old 11-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #11
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhMitchell
But you don't know if a RB with a 1400 rushing yard season and 12 touchdowns with Superstar development will go up in overall more than a RB with the same stats but Average development? I'm trying to understand the XP system too, so I can use XP earned by RB's for anything else, like scouting or for upgrading my O-line or secondary or something?
Look at the development trait as a multiplier for experience gain. A normal development RB with those stats won't earn as much as a superstar with the same stats.

I prefer the M13 CCM mode much more than M12, it's just feels more alive with the social feed and news stories, and I like that I can focus on increasing the stats that fit my play style like putting emphasis on zone or man ratings, block shedding, power moves, finesse moves, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Look at the development trait as a multiplier for experience gain. A normal development RB with those stats won't earn as much as a superstar with the same stats.

I prefer the M13 CCM mode much more than M12, it's just feels more alive with the social feed and news stories, and I like that I can focus on increasing the stats that fit my play style like putting emphasis on zone or man ratings, block shedding, power moves, finesse moves, etc.
Okay, how's the trade logic? Any improvements to off-season tasks?
Old 11-11-2012, 11:46 PM   #13
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
But you don't know if a RB with a 1400 rushing yard season and 12 touchdowns with Superstar development will go up in overall more than a RB with the same stats but Average development? I'm trying to understand the XP system too, so I can use XP earned by RB's for anything else, like scouting or for upgrading my O-line or secondary or something?
Players don't progress on their own anymore. The player gets XP for accumulating stats and achieving goals and you spend the XP on improving their attributes. So 2 RBs who gain 1,400 yards and 12 TDs won't progress unless you use the XP they gained to make them better.

You cannot use XP gained by one player on another player or in any other way. However, there are team goals that each player has and earns XP from. For instance, some of your OLinemen will have goals of team rushing yards/TDs/passing yards/TDs/etc. and they will gain XP if you achieve those goals.

Watch me play video games
Old 11-11-2012, 11:46 PM   #14
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
The XP would be limited to spending on attribute or trait upgrades for that player. With the XP system, you're allowed to choose which attributes progress for a certain player and the Superstar development RB would have more of those points to spend on upgrading his attributes than would the one with the Average development and his overall would probably improve more rapidly than the average development player depending on what the XP was spent upgrading.

At the end of each week and the season you gain coach XP too based on what goals you achieve and you can use those points to purchase things like a HB Development package (RB XP boost) or Expert Scouting Package (gives you more scouting points per week)
Old 11-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #15
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
I don't do a lot of trading, but haven't had any complaints. Trading during the draft is nice, if you want to trade down the option will present itself and you can select from some offers, rather than wondering what team you want to try and fleece. If no teams want your pick, you won't be able to trade it.

Off season improvements are nice, no more auctioning for free agency. Just a multiple-week bidding process. Players may take less to go to a team they want, so money isn't the answer to everything. You have to target players that fit your scheme (or change your scheme... which could become a problem for the players already on your team).

Players on the last year of their contract will sometimes try and negotiate during the season. Blow them off or fail to get a deal done and you could be forced to franchise them.

Also in the offseason, you could throw your hands up, retire, and become a new head coach or player on a team... without restarting the franchise. I used to do this a few years ago by just switching teams, but now it's supported by the game. Only gotcha to this is if you created the coach/player and retire, they literally retire. If you are playing as a real person/player (non-legend I think) they'll stay in the game continuing their career without your control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2012, 11:51 PM   #16
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
From my experience it's not bad. CPU teams will place players on the trade block and make trades between themselves. If there is a player on the block and you try to low ball them in your offer they will simply deal that player to a team who offered more which is really nice because it makes you really decide how much you want a player.

You can also put your own players on the block and the CPU teams will throw offers at you for that player. The draft is also fun because there is a lot of wheeling and dealing and when it's time to pick you're given a list of offers from teams willing to trade up if there is any.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »