Home

What are fun teams for CCM?

This is a discussion on What are fun teams for CCM? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #17
Rookie

grahoben's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What are fun teams for CCM?

I like the Bengals since they are not a great team, but they are expeceted to contend for a spot in the playoffs.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #18
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

big thanks to all of you for all the suggestions!!

so we got the buccaneers, seahwaks, dolphins, panthers, jets, browns, bengals, chiefs and jaguars in the mix so far.

what would be your favourite out of those? anymore to add?

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 11-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #19
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6

If you don't want a rebuild team but not a top contender either, go with the Panthers if you like to run or Bengals if you like to pass. Both are built for the future.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtro
As long as you have a legitimate reason; can't stand those players who come on a sim forum and talk about trading all the good players for first rounders and call that "rebuilding". I personally like playing him with the Browns. I never keep up with real life teams other than New Orleans and Washington.
I think there's a time and place for a firesale, but it should be limited. I started a CCM with the Jags recently and traded away MJD right away, simply because "in real life" this team is unlikely to be competitive in the next 2 years while MJD has anything left. Also traded a couple lesser players who simply didn't fit with the type of guys I like on the OL or in the secondary.

With the Browns, I'm not saying you have to dump Weeden, but I'd be looking for a better QB in the draft, ideally to send BW to the bench in year 2. I also advise self-regulation in not trading away Weeden if you can get a good pick, because realistically, the Browns wouldn't get a good pick for him.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #21
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksheets
I think there's a time and place for a firesale, but it should be limited. I started a CCM with the Jags recently and traded away MJD right away, simply because "in real life" this team is unlikely to be competitive in the next 2 years while MJD has anything left. Also traded a couple lesser players who simply didn't fit with the type of guys I like on the OL or in the secondary.

With the Browns, I'm not saying you have to dump Weeden, but I'd be looking for a better QB in the draft, ideally to send BW to the bench in year 2. I also advise self-regulation in not trading away Weeden if you can get a good pick, because realistically, the Browns wouldn't get a good pick for him.
Sort of the same. In my Rams CCM I traded away Steven Jackson simply because he's getting old and I know he'd want a super bowl. I doubt the Rams would even make the playoffs before he retires.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2012, 02:05 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

I like the Dolphins or the Bengals for this.

Dolphins because they have just enough to win, but they are lacking some key pieces to win consistently. A few key trades and you can be in the running easily.

Bengals because they have the right pieces, they just lack experience that you need to win an SB.

I choose Bengals, and am currently on year 3.

First thing I did was trade Andy Dalton for Colin Kaepernick.

People can hate the guy, but what he does well I like and it fit what I wanted to do. He could run, 85 speed, and his throw on the run is up there too, in the 80's. At the end of the first season he was an 83. At the beginning of year 3, a 91. He hasn't progressed much since, but anything short to mid he can hit, on the move, with the receiver in traffic.

A also dumped BJGE. He isn't really a truck back. He isn't a speed back. He's a dancer. He can dodge, wiggle and worm his way through the line...but even the weakest of CB's can bring him down in the secondary. Plus, he seems to fumble a lot, even with me using the protect the ball button. Instead, I picked up a rookie free agent with the last name a Calmelet. He doesn't even have a picture, and despite the fact his OVR is a 58, he was a boss. Currently an 80, but would be much higher if I had noticed in his first season that his Progression was "slow" and had put point there instead. Either way, he got me to the offseason with 2200 rushing yards. His spin and juke are off the charts.

His OVR is only low due to his AWR being like a 12 or something.

By some strange chance the Colts cut Reggie Wayne mid season, I picked him up. Had Aj , Reggie and Mohamed Sanu. I also grabbed Ricardo Lockette who the CPU always dumps. He is speedy. Great on the outside to burn most CB's and get open for a deep ball. Something AJ doesn't do in Madden, his speed isn't high enough.

Basically, I dumped several alternates I had with no bonus to be paid, and made a couple of trades for some low bonus players that I didn't really need. Ended up with 3 first round picks, including my own, a QB I liked and a CB to take the place of Leon hall.

Don't get me wrong, I like Leon Hall in the real world. But in game, his speed is a huge factor. He couldn't cover a deep ball because they outran him everytime. Picked up Josh Brown to kick, and Sepulveda to punt. Both on Free Agency. Got David Johnson as Fullback, the dude is 99 now and was 95 by the end of the first year. Also grabbed Kellen Winslow, and run a ton of twin TE plays.

Been fun.

The only real problem I found with the Bengals was the huge penatlies you will pay to get rid of some players. Leon Hall, as an example, was 2 million a year bonus. I had to keep him on the roster even though he didn't play because I couldn't afford a 6 million dollar penalty.

The Bengals can make some moves, but they have a lot tied up in players that you may not like. You can do fine with them, even though for some reason my D can't stop a run if they were told it was coming. heh.

Sorry to ramble on. Just sharing my experience.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #23
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

i kind of feel like starting a ccm with the jets right now, i know somebody suggested them here, still im not sure if they really are what im looking for. what do you guys think abt managing the jets/ what are your experiences?

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 11-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #24
Rookie

steelsnarf's Arena

OVR: 1

What about the Bills? They look like a fun team to play as. Decent QB, nice running back tandem in Jackson and Spiller, receivers need work though. Good defensive line, but not a good overall D. That's my opinion but I'm biased because I prefer running the ball more over passing. Bucs look like a lot of fun too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »