Home

Offical Salary Cap Glitch Thread (Everything we know)

This is a discussion on Offical Salary Cap Glitch Thread (Everything we know) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Offical Salary Cap Glitch Thread (Everything we know)

There are so many different threads with information out there. Figured its best to consolidate. I've been searching for days to find a fix for this. I will update this thread as new solutions and causes are tested and confirmed.

What is it: -1billion in cap space. Preventing users from re-signing players. It appears the first week of preseason.

Causes: Unconfirmed
Theories: Trading re-signed players, multiple first rounds picks,signing FA during playoffs, random

When does it go away: The glitch will lift as soon as the draft ends and week 1 of preseason starts.
*Some people say they've had it multi seasons in a row.

Solutions: Unconfirmed
Testing: I've read that if you delegate your re-signing to the cpu and one of the players re-signs it lifts the glitch. Feel free to try this method and report back with your results.

Others say it just takes time and should lift after 1 year.

Last edited by dghustla; 11-15-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Offical Salary Cap Glitch Thread (Everything we know)

CONFIRMED:

The glitch will lift as soon as the draft ends and week 1 of preseason starts.

But why the need for the completely new thread... with the other 2 or 3 already active and STILL on the front page of the forum?

Last edited by theapex; 11-15-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

so basically you dont have to do anything , just wait till after the new draft and it "fixes itself" ? then guys can resign the guys they lost due to needing to resign them but had no money to do so? and that is it.........hope this is true.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6

If this happens to me, I'd rather turn off salary cap and play with some house rules like offering no more than $1M above asking price.

All of this releasing every player and mumbo jumbo I read in threads is ridiculous.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
Rookie

House rules are very difficult to police....and then what happens when two coaches both want a guy....it's crazy not to be able to pay or offer more than 1mill over....

Best way to do wut ur saying is just monitor the teams and make sure everyone stays under the cap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #6
Rookie

But even that would get time consuming...at least for certain spurts during the season... Oh and off season free agency wud be a complete mess with no salary cap and house rules only....
Old 11-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #7
Pro

House rules are difficult to police and time consuming especially without the transactions log. It's hard enough to stop users from stealing CPU rookies. Second If I go over the cap and you make me a cut a guy it's not big deal there is no cap penalty. How do you determine who would get that guy? Since once they are in season FA they will accept the first offer?

I was trying to test those solutions. But didn't have enough cap space to actually sign anyone (.77 million available due to cap penalty).

Last edited by dghustla; 11-16-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #8
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by theapex
House rules are very difficult to police....and then what happens when two coaches both want a guy....it's crazy not to be able to pay or offer more than 1mill over....

Best way to do wut ur saying is just monitor the teams and make sure everyone stays under the cap.
I play offline by myself. Tried an online league but was impossible to set up playing times when people wouldn't reply.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »