Home

Helmet to Helmet Hits

This is a discussion on Helmet to Helmet Hits within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
Banned

kylefoley94's Arena

OVR: 5
Helmet to Helmet Hits

This is something I've never seen penalized in a Madden game, and I would like to see it. Am I the only person who would like to see the helmet to helmet collisions with the resulting penalties and possible injuries. It would make the game all that more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Helmet to Helmet Hits

I'd like off the field incidents and suspensions too, but some things I expect will never make it into the video game.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #3
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I'd like off the field incidents and suspensions too, but some things I expect will never make it into the video game.
While an interesting addition it might be, I'd go absolutely nuts if going into a game the CPU has decided, for reasons nobody can control but the CPU logic would be pretty maddening. If I had some sort of control over it in some way as the user, I'd be ok with it. Just a random off field behaviour incident to me would just be goofy. Now, if the game warns me that I have a player who's morale is low, because of a contract dispute, or a lack of playing time, etc, etc, and I ignore it as the coach/GM, then it leads to an offfield issue, I'm ok with that. If its CCM as it is now, with a randomized occurrence, then, count me out.

Either way, I think there's bigger issues to worry about here than something this minor.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

This won't happen in a NFL licensed game, especially with all the attention to player safety.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #5
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
This won't happen in a NFL licensed game, especially with all the attention to player safety.

i agree not count putting another one in with ones in game dont work right anyways... so if they added it it probly be just like all others only one's called being holding or clipping.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
While an interesting addition it might be, I'd go absolutely nuts if going into a game the CPU has decided, for reasons nobody can control but the CPU logic would be pretty maddening. If I had some sort of control over it in some way as the user, I'd be ok with it. Just a random off field behaviour incident to me would just be goofy. Now, if the game warns me that I have a player who's morale is low, because of a contract dispute, or a lack of playing time, etc, etc, and I ignore it as the coach/GM, then it leads to an offfield issue, I'm ok with that. If its CCM as it is now, with a randomized occurrence, then, count me out.

Either way, I think there's bigger issues to worry about here than something this minor.
Yeah it would require a whole host of things to support it happening... You'd have 'players coaches' which mitigate the effects of lower morale and low character guys, the consideration of character when building a team. Managing the dynamic of signing a low character guy on a team with high character... Will he bring people down to his level, will he play on a higher one?

I'd like some semblance of random incidents too, but yeah not get too crazy without some semblance of control. Sim City is one of my favorite games of all time, but I am pretty sure I've never played with disasters on ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 11-20-2012, 11:02 PM   #7
Rookie

ClutchFrame47's Arena

OVR: 5

I would love to see Helmet to helmet hits or block in the back, or a Pass Interference call on the CPU, but with 5 years of no change at our request, we have a better chance of seeing a flaming, flying, leprechaun, unicorn, dinosaur, terrorizing a local money tree farm.

Couldn't agree with you more though
Old 11-21-2012, 02:55 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

They should make it a risk/reward thing for big hits.

For example if you're the safety or lb controlling the middle of the field and the wr is coming over the middle. Then using the hit stick would cause a big a hit increasing the chance for a drop or a fumble. But at the same time increasing the chance for a penalty

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »