Home

"Miracle Mode"

This is a discussion on "Miracle Mode" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2012, 01:31 AM   #1

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
"Miracle Mode"

I know people always say it's never the game, it's always the person playing the games fault, but I've been playing this game for awhile and every single time the game is close, the CPU always makes these miracle plays.

Many times it's always...
1st down the CPU gets nothing
2nd down the CPU gets nothing
3rd down the CPU gets 10+ yards

Or..
CPU gets these crazy back to back 30 yard passes to WIDE OPEN receivers. My CPU teammates all just stand there and do nothing. It's like they see the ball going to the receiver, and the second he gets the ball, they're all like "He caught it, no point in trying to tackle him".

Same goes when I'm on offense. I try to run the ball, and my guys who are supposed to be blocking, don't even block. My guy gets the ball, and the blockers just bump into the defenders, and then the defenders basically just bounce off the guys blocking them, and immediately tackle whoever has the ball. It's almost like the defenders are just waiting for the ball carrier to get close to them, before letting go of my blockers and tackling the guy with the ball.

It sucks to be playing these types of games. The CPU can't run no matter what, but their passing is crazy at the times when the game is real close. It really feels like I've wasted my entire time playing these games, cause I can go 30 mins with a great back and forth game, but then out of nowhere, CPU makes 30 yard pass after 30 yard pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2012, 01:48 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 21
Re: "Miracle Mode"

I agree, it's harsh but common way of football games keeping it close. Madden seems to be a bit more obvious than others though.

Absolutly tired off seeing my DB trail a WR 10 yards down field on outside runs. The turn around right into a block.

Fed up with tackle and guards who mindlessly release lineman the second you hit the line. If its not that it's Full backs and pulling guards who can't decide who to hit, so just run randomly around.

I don't are about being overpowered for the sake of competition, in fact I understand it. However don't make my player inept in the process, at the very least have a team beat me using there strength.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:12 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yep. Been like that for years. I'm constantly adjusting my sliders and its almost impossible to get a complete set. I will have a great game through about three and a half quarters, where the score is with seven points either way for the whole game. But then, about halfway through the fourth, either me or the cpu will just be unstoppable..

Two examples that both happened just yesterday-
1. I was up 17-14 at the end of the third quarter. I then scored 31 points in the fourth. CPU had thrown one INT all game. Threw four in the fourth quarter alone.

2. I was up 28-10 halfway through the fourth quarter, with the CPU's lone TD being a returned fumble. Game ended with me squeaking out a win 34-31. CPU was completely unstoppable. My CB's, who had held the WRs to a combined <100 yards on the day, all of the sudden completely forgot how to cover. When the ball would be thrown their way, they would run the opposite direction until after the WR caught the ball, then attempt the tackle. My safeties, who were both in deep half coverage, would wait for the WRs to pass them on streak routes before turning to cover.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #4
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Psssst these things happen in real life.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 11-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 2

I had one game where I was up by about 30 points with 2 minutes left against the Redskins. All of a sudden miracle mode kicked in and I fumbled on 3 kickoffs in a row which they scored off automatically. I ended up winning but only by 2 points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
Psssst these things happen in real life.

Show me one example where the DB plays in pass commit the entire game, this includes inside and outside runs, draws and sweeps.

Show me one example of a football altering its trajectory 12 inches infront of a wideout so that the ball can be intercepted. Better yet, show me when the DB can fuse through the wideout to secure the pick.

So to respond to your blind defense of the game, quite frankly no these things actually never happen in real life.

As I originally stated, I understand the concept of nerfing my team to allow games to be close. It's a principle used in every single game.

The problem I have is the way this game goes about it where at the most convenient time Peyton Manning turns into Mark Sanchez for 3 plays or Ben Jarvis Green Ellis turns into a fumble machine. It's actually voiding the game of any realism , stragity, user control and player ratings.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Weird things happen in football. I've seen Favre kill for 59min and 30s before throwing a game losing interception and the other way around.

I've seen the Browns fumble at the 1 yard line, Rich Gannon throw 3 pick sixes in a Super Bowl.

What about Tyree's catch against the Pats? Some things feel unrealistic but have happened irl and the game is supposed have that kind of stuff built in. It may happen a bit to much, but that is just bad luck.

One game I threw 3 picks, fumbled twice a overthrew every receiver with Flacco, the next I destroyed the secondary in 3rd down for over 300yd. You have to deal with it
"When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 11-25-2012, 12:38 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsfuntobethespurs
Weird things happen in football. I've seen Favre kill for 59min and 30s before throwing a game losing interception and the other way around.

I've seen the Browns fumble at the 1 yard line, Rich Gannon throw 3 pick sixes in a Super Bowl.

What about Tyree's catch against the Pats? Some things feel unrealistic but have happened irl and the game is supposed have that kind of stuff built in. It may happen a bit to much, but that is just bad luck.

One game I threw 3 picks, fumbled twice a overthrew every receiver with Flacco, the next I destroyed the secondary in 3rd down for over 300yd. You have to deal with it
That's not what I'm talking about though. I'm talking about games being good, tight games for the whole time but then one team blowing up and scoring 30 in the last quarter. I'm talking about one team having control the entire game but then in the last five minutes of the game the team that's down becomes unstopable when they couldn't buy a first down for the first three and a half quarters. In your examples-

Favre- The game was already close enough for that INT to make a difference. I don't think I've ever seen four of those interceptions from one team in the last few minutes of the game before.

Browns- These things happened over the whole game. Not in the last five minutes after the Browns had been dominating the entire time.

Tyree- This really has no bearing on the conversation.. The crazy catches are fine, the blown coverages in the last half of the fourth after the DBs have been in lockdown mode for the whole game are the problem.

Flacco- Again, those things are fine. They happened over the course of the ENTIRE game... I've done the same thing, where in one game I was down 10-3 at the half, but in the next game I was up 28-0 at the half. These things are fine, as long as each game is consistent within itself over the entire 60 minutes. If I'm up 28-0 at the half, and the CPU "makes some adjustments at halftime", and comes out with some different looks on both offense and defense and finally has some success against me, then that's great, and realistic. If I continue to shut their offense down and can move the ball at will through the third and into the fourth quarter, but all of the sudden with about five minutes left in the game they "make those adjustments" and I'm throwing INTs or fumbling all over the place and they can throw 60 yard bombs all over my DBs, that's not realistic...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »