Home

D-Line:three outcomes

This is a discussion on D-Line:three outcomes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Control a pass rushing D lineman during CCM and observe:

1. Get thrown on your can and eat dirt immediately (90 % of time, this is what happens). Doesn't matter if you're Reggie White or PeeWee Herman.

2. Get inexplicably blown 10 or 12 yards off the LOS and end up with your back to the QB and the developing play, rendering you useless.

3. Actually make it through the block, but then go into the automatic " stumble forward" animation, negating any chance of doing something meaningful in the back field.

Enjoy your CCM everyone.
Well here is what I have learned about this...(love playing DE)
Sliders play a huge roll..now I'm using an all madden set (all sub sliders under 75 total)..I have CPU pass block at 0 and Hum pass rush at 55..I have tried less from 30, 35, 45 etc..even 53-54 for Hum pass rush and get pancaked more then 70%..but at 55 I have a fighting chance..with that said..
I use Seattle use B Irvin and C Clemons..both speed guys low strength..sometimes I try to just rush right past LT..works about 20% of the time, sometimes I rush to the outside shoulder and then do a quick move (right stick) works 10% (other 90% I eat the grass) of the time..lately I have noticed if I rush to outside shoulder or inside shoulder allow the LT to push me (without using the right stick) I then reengage and right stick it works better...I'd say 50% of the time..positive about that is even if the move fails at least the LT normally doesn't pancake me..or just use left stick to move outside or inside the LT..
Now I have played around with using the "A" button (Xbox) which is the assist button..it does help too..all the times I have used that..I have never been pancaked..doesn't work really well getting to the QB but I haven't practiced with it a lot..but again I have never been pancaked in the limited amount of use..something else I have been messing around with of late is..****shing up field just before LT engages me I push down on right stick (power move) the LT hand check the DE some then I do around move right after (left, right, up) with right stick..seems to work some 30-40%..
Also I have noticed if u try a move and u get stalled (ie hand checking or where the LT rides u wide) if u try a second move and it the same move (ie right on stick then u move the stick right again) u will get no where..so if u try one move and nothing go to next move..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #10
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: D-Line:three outcomes

Default settings? Yes. Custom sliders make all the difference in the world.

0 computer pass blocking, and then increase human pass rush until you are happy.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:47 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHalt621
Well here is what I have learned about this...(love playing DE)
Sliders play a huge roll..now I'm using an all madden set (all sub sliders under 75 total)..I have CPU pass block at 0 and Hum pass rush at 55..I have tried less from 30, 35, 45 etc..even 53-54 for Hum pass rush and get pancaked more then 70%..but at 55 I have a fighting chance..with that said..
It's interesting - this pass rushing.

I was on 45 and sacked the CPU 5 times, but the player I was usering fell into those outcomes. However, the CPU controlled players got some pressure.

I put it on 40 - and the CPU players still were able to break through and get sacks and some push (some) to cause the CPU QB and myself to throw away or get flushed out, etc. I'm trying 34 next game I play. Raiders don't particularly have great pass rushers. 80s type ratings, so it seems to be too much effectiveness on the CPU controlled guys, even though as the user player it's not effective enough.

As the user controlled player, it gets frustrating, but turning it up makes it crazy for the CPU controlled players on both sides. It's...interesting. So usually, I play the NT and just focus on occupying blocks and opening lanes for my blitzing LBs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 6

I am playing an All-Madden set with 0 pass rush against 0 pass block. I am leery of raising the pass rush for the reasons stated in the above post. I think the interaction at 0/0 plays out nicely, except for the mouthfuls of turf I'm eating every game.

Funny thing is, even with 0/0 I led the league in team sacks after the first season, it just wasn't my controlled player that was getting them (I did manage a few). This is yet another reason I am reluctant to raise the pass rush. If anything, I was considering raising the CPU pass block a bit.

The total team sacks was a reasonable number statistically. The sim engine, woeful as we know it is, did not seem to spit out enough sacks for the CPU teams. Robison, my LE, led the league in individual sacks with 15 for the year, which is a tad low for a sack leader.

What kind of sack numbers are you guys seeing with the higher pass rush?
Old 11-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Right now, the Raiders are tied for first in team sacks with 39. The next closest team has 34.

Comes in bunches it seems. For weeks, we couldn't sniff the QB, then lately my OLB in the 2-4-5 has gone off on the QB (got 3 last game) and the LE gets a few (we know about the RE issues...). That OLB doesn't have the best PMV/FMV either. He's no Aldon Smith.

Sometimes a blitz gets through, but not overly much, but when it works, that's how my MLB got the few he has.

So, mainly, is just trying to control when they go off, how effective they are. I won't raise pass blocking, though. When they do protect, the CPU QB has all day, and that's bad enough.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Right now, the Raiders are tied for first in team sacks with 39. The next closest team has 34.

Comes in bunches it seems. For weeks, we couldn't sniff the QB, then lately my OLB in the 2-4-5 has gone off on the QB (got 3 last game) and the LE gets a few (we know about the RE issues...). That OLB doesn't have the best PMV/FMV either. He's no Aldon Smith.

Sometimes a blitz gets through, but not overly much, but when it works, that's how my MLB got the few he has.

So, mainly, is just trying to control when they go off, how effective they are. I won't raise pass blocking, though. When they do protect, the CPU QB has all day, and that's bad enough.
So this is with pass rush at 34 versus 0 CPU pass block? I agree with the pass block counterpoint. There are those times where the CPU has all day in the pocket. I'll probably leave the CPU pass block at 0. What do you have the CPU pass rush set at?

What point in the season are at? Where does your team fall in the total sack tally? I assume you're playing the Ravens.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8
I understand the CPU control Hum linemen getting to much pressure..however with me using seattle I use a lot of under line shifts..(we're the LE is at the RT inside shoulder and RG outside shoulder B gap)..also on passing downs I use wide 9 and if I don't shift the line..for some reason the LE controlled by CPU comes off really slow..those two things help combat the RT glitch..so it helps..
Another point..I have Intentional Grounding slider at 15..it seems to make the CPU QB get ride of the ball faster..
Right now I'm averaging about 1-2 sacks a game..but been shut out..most sacks I have had is 7 in a game that was twice against Cardinals and Packers.

********Edit*****
One other thing I do and helps with RE..I took the hint from someone else..there is a dead spot in the left stick..if u move it down some the player doesn't move..so I think it helps get a better jump on the snap..problem with that is I get at least 1 offsides a game using that move..sometimes it's really effective sometimes I can't find that sweet spot and jump to fast..happens a lot if I drink too much coffee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by SJHalt621; 11-28-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0

Not sure why Op posted his original comments. Just not true. I play on all madden and rush with avg guys (around 80 overall). I only get thrown on my butt if I try to use a finesse move and speed rush orund the outside of teh tackle when he just pushed me down. Happens less then 20% of the time. Lots of times I get tied up in blocks in place which is fine and realistic. My team was top 10 in teams sacks and i blitz less then 10% of the time...furthermore I usuall rush 3 most of the time! lol

OP is doing something wrong

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »