Home

Lions ran the ball 34 times compared to 18 passes

This is a discussion on Lions ran the ball 34 times compared to 18 passes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2012, 10:45 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Lions ran the ball 34 times compared to 18 passes

What's really inexcusable is that this hasn't been fixed yet. It's an obvious problem, in one game I was playing the Pats as the Jets, and after 3 quarters, Brady had passed the ball 9 times. That's NINE passes compared to about three dozen run plays that got them nowhere since their drives always stalled somewhere between my 30 and 10 yard line. It gets especially ridiculous in the red zone where teams seem to be content to call running plays on 3rd & 8 when down by double digits in the second half.

It's such an obvious problem and it isn't like you'd have to delve deep into the code to fix that, reprioritizing the plays is something you could easily have an intern do but no, instead we get new MUT play modes that must've taken a lot more time and energy to implement than such simple bugfixes.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
The first post which mistakenly keeps the Lions book in play hasn't been edited to reflect all the info in the thread...

Which is 521 posts long and full of info regarding this exact fix...

You also might want to search for DetroitStyle's post (around the 160 point) that re charts the options...

For what it's worth...

It ALL does work...
Just to put a little balance on it - for some reason, some of us don't see this issue.

I've had many games with realistic balance with only the default playbooks. Some see too much passing (75+ percent) with the generic playbooks. After multiple tries, I constantly see 3 out of 4 plays passing, once 18 out of 20 plays, literally,, so I gave up on it. Just last night, played the Broncos post-Manning (and with the same coach), 40 passes, 19 runs with the Broncos book.

So, I'd see if you have the issue first. The OP does, so he should try it, but if you're getting balance, I'd leave things alone.

Just my perspective as someone who never had this issue.

And, no, there's no explanation (that I know of) as to why some guys have the issue and some don't. One theory is skill level (All-Madden might not have the problem, All-Pro might, customized or otherwise...though my CCM using a custom All-Pro set I'm trying to work on has no problems with default playbooks), there's reports that going farther in fran...CCM will cause the issue to fade away, especially as fictional coaches arrive in the league.

I keep asking to anyone who'll listen "Why do I NOT have this issue?" Have yet to get definitive answers, just the above theories as to possible triggers/causes.

Last edited by KBLover; 12-02-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades71
Most all games ive played the cpu starts out run balanced and by the end of the first quarter i can pass commit the rest of the game and they may sneak in a few more draws. Usually the cpu will have around 12-15 runs and 35-50 pass attempts. This has been pretty consistent through 6 seasons so far in ccm offline, all pro, 8 minute quarters.
For me, the CPU tends to stay more balanced unless game situation and down/distance dictate otherwise (flow of the game might be a trigger, so if I can't stop the run, I might see more run leaning, especially in short yardage, etc, likewise, if my trash DBs play like trash, I'll see passing more - especially screens if I start trying to blitz to create pressure).

Usually, when I see a major shift is because of scoring. Once, the Browns ran like 7 times, and threw 50...but I was up by at least 21 all game and held the ball. Cam Newton and the Panthers shoved the ball down my throat for 32 runs vs 21 passes...but they lead all game as my offense as anemic.

Chargers did the same thing, plus Rivers wasn't "on", so with the lead (I lost 20-3...) and no threat from my offense, they just sat on the ball and played defense.

In a hard-hitting game with the Chiefs in my last season, they were 50/50 and the score was tight all game (10-9, their lead at the half, 17-10 my lead after 3, won 20-10).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »