Home

Starting a CCM, Need Help..

This is a discussion on Starting a CCM, Need Help.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 11
Starting a CCM, Need Help..

Sup all, im looking to start a CCM which i havent done before and i had a few questions which i trust you guys can help with.

Is it more enjoyable to play as a coach or a player? I wouldnt mind either way but i am leaning towards playing as a Prototype MLB, admitidly im a bit of an NFL noob so how often can i blitz for the QB? i love getting sacks but i understand its the DE's primary role, and mine is to stop the runs and cover middle field? Should i go High draft or the others? Do i get more EXP from playing on a higher leval?

Also im looking to play online because a friend of mine is going to join my league. Can we play on the same team? and Is Fantasy draft a good option?

Thanks in advance..

Last edited by SMOKEYYY; 12-01-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Starting a CCM, Need Help..

Its all preference, but I think coach mode is much better than player mode.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
ssc
Rookie

ssc's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolan887
Its all preference, but I think coach mode is much better than player mode.
Seconded. I enjoy choosing players, schemes, plays, and controlling the outcome of my franchise thoroughly. "Coach" mode is essentially GM, Coach, and Player all thrown into one.

This way, you can run an actually effective offense (not a run game that averages 2.1 YPC or whatever,) as well as play as a defensive lineman, linebacker (my typical choice,) or player in the secondary.

So much variety. Now, if you're really truly a noob, Coach mode may be a little hefty at first...
Old 12-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
Banned

Sweet no worries thanks for the tips..I did quickly try the player mode but i feel it doesnt have the same sort of appeal as for example MyCareer in nba2k13,
Therefore im going to run with the colts as my friend is going with the redskins and should be set for a rookie showdown..
Any ideas for what positions are required to improve both the colts & redskins?
Is the draft any good? Is trading for draft picks the way to go?
Old 12-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #5
ssc
Rookie

ssc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEYYY
Sweet no worries thanks for the tips..I did quickly try the player mode but i feel it doesnt have the same sort of appeal as for example MyCareer in nba2k13,
Therefore im going to run with the colts as my friend is going with the redskins and should be set for a rookie showdown..
Any ideas for what positions are required to improve both the colts & redskins?
Is the draft any good? Is trading for draft picks the way to go?
Again, all dependent on philosophy. I build through the draft 100%. I don't normally retain players older than 30+ unless I have vested interest in them or they're my "baby." (Someone I've played with since drafting them, etc.) So yes, I'm an "out with the old, in with the new (for draft picks!)" type of player. Make sure you are adamant and very careful with your scouting, though. Some players play much better or worse than their "overall" rating. Specific attributes / skill sets are important. Focus on AWR, Physical and Intangible ratings, and scheme type and work out from there.

For instance, if I were the Colts I'd instantly trade away Freeney / Mathis for picks, and perhaps even Reggie Wayne.

Colts needs, IMO, in terms of need, are:

Running back
Wide Receiver
Offensive Linemen
Defensive Linemen
Linebackers
Cornerbacks

Redskins, also IMO, are:

Wide Receiver
Safety
Cornerbacks
Running Back (not sold on Alfred in Madden,)
Offensive Linemen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

You have any interest in joining an up and running League?
Old 12-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynsnativeson
You have any interest in joining an up and running League?
As much as i welcome your invitation, my friend and i feel we need to get more familiar with the game particulary the CCMode. Thanks anyway.. BTW does joining into an already established season mean i pickup from the week that league is in or do i have to play each game to catch up?

Thanks for the great tips above, are their any current rookies/freshman that would be worthwile trading for?
Old 12-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #8
ssc
Rookie

ssc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEYYY
As much as i welcome your invitation, my friend and i feel we need to get more familiar with the game particulary the CCMode. Thanks anyway.. BTW does joining into an already established season mean i pickup from the week that league is in or do i have to play each game to catch up?

Thanks for the great tips above, are their any current rookies/freshman that would be worthwile trading for?
Well, if you can pull it off, Trent Richardson (Browns RB, rookie,) is an absolute MONSTER and a franchise running back with no downside.

Luke Keuchly is a great young linebacker for the Panthers who develops very well and has great intangible skills.

Safety Mark Barron (Buccaneers) and cornerback Morris Claiborne (Cowboys) are both two young defensive backs with good upside.

DE Bruce Irvin (Seahawks) is an absolute monster if you change your defensive end scheme to "pass rusher" and stick him at left end. Expect major sackage every year.

That's about all that's coming to mind, though. I'm not a big fan of trading for rookies or other players. In my opinion Trent Richardson is probably the only player worth REALLY trying to get.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »