Home

what actually works on salary cap glitch?

This is a discussion on what actually works on salary cap glitch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
what actually works on salary cap glitch?

so ive read there is a "trick " to try that may work, but i am wanting to know , has anyone actually done anything that actually worked in their online league? i mean are you all just starting your leagues all over , only to have the glitch again? are you cutting off salary cap? what are you all doing in your online leagues about this issue? i want first hand responses, not well i heard....... anyone got some answers? can you cut off salary cap then cut it back on ?jsut wondering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2012, 02:14 AM   #2
Just started!

Capo202's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: what actually works on salary cap glitch?

I be trynin to figure how to turn off salary cap at the Manage Rosters in the Main menu
Old 12-04-2012, 08:45 AM   #3
Pro

I'm sorry to report that nothing works other than the start of a next season.

In my league myself and one other person have it. We tried everything that anyone mentioned may have work a nothing did.

I'll post a list for you.

Delegating: read if the cpu signs one person it's lifted. cpu signed one player glitch still there.

Coach left the league and rejoined 3 times. Once as legend, once as active and once as created coach, glitch still there.

We've also discovered this glitch prevents you from trading in the offseason. It also prevents the CPU from offering trades on your trade block guys during the season and offseason.

Basically it's a game killer. I had setup my dolphins to have 80 mill in cap space only to be hit by this glitch and miss out on a loaded free agent market. now I have 22 guys on my roster. Talk about rebuilding twice.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
Rookie

SynShadowzz's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Delegating: read if the cpu signs one person it's lifted. cpu signed one player glitch still there.
Yes, this lifted the glitch for that week. However, once he advanced his league the glitch came back.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #5
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
other than the start of a next season.

so are you saying just continue on to the next season , as in if you getting glitch in season 2 , once you start season 3 its fixed? i am really looking for a good answer here. i had read , have the teams list the players they want to resign (but cant due to cap glitch) , let everyone else in league know not to bid on any of those players listed in fa bidding, then do draft after fa bidding, after draft in week 1 of preseason , then the cap is fixed somehow, and the teams who had the glitch can go back and pick up those guys they listed out of FA first. now im just trying to figure out does this work? it still isnt clear as i have heard numerous people claim this does work , same say it dont , some say it only lasts one season , some say it stays. so its really hard to tell what to do with soo much opposing comments. i dont see any point in restarting a league from scratch as you will more than likely run into same problem again in year 2 or 3 in the new league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
Rookie

SynShadowzz's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
so are you saying just continue on to the next season , as in if you getting glitch in season 2 , once you start season 3 its fixed? i am really looking for a good answer here. i had read , have the teams list the players they want to resign (but cant due to cap glitch) , let everyone else in league know not to bid on any of those players listed in fa bidding, then do draft after fa bidding, after draft in week 1 of preseason , then the cap is fixed somehow, and the teams who had the glitch can go back and pick up those guys they listed out of FA first. now im just trying to figure out does this work? it still isnt clear as i have heard numerous people claim this does work , same say it dont , some say it only lasts one season , some say it stays. so its really hard to tell what to do with soo much opposing comments. i dont see any point in restarting a league from scratch as you will more than likely run into same problem again in year 2 or 3 in the new league.
It's not guaranteed it will be lifted once you advance to the next season. If you don't have the glitch, odds are other people in your league are probably affected. The glitch can follow you to the next season, too. This happened in our user-controlled league.

Nobody has answers right now. We barely have theories.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #7
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

so did you just start all over ? or just keep going ?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

In my league myself and one other person have it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »