Home

CCM Moments that make you go "Whaaaat?"

This is a discussion on CCM Moments that make you go "Whaaaat?" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #41
Rookie

Hades71's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CCM Moments that make you go "Whaaaat?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
Cardinals have been by far the craziest team in my CCM so far. After one season, Kurt Warner comes back and leads them to the NFCCG before retiring again, the year after, they pick up Darren McFadden, Josh Freeman AND Percy Harvin through free agency, and of course they still got Fitz. I played that team that season, just barely got the win in a ridiculous 63-59 shootout where DMC would've probably gone over 300 yards if I hadn't pulled ahead in the 4th quarter so they kind of abandoned the run, there was a combined total of over 1200 yards of offense that game.
Had warner come out and play for the cards. More recently around year seven aaron rodgers comes out and the cards sign him, had a great year and appears he will stick around for a second season.

Tebow has been raiders QB last two seasons and took them to a SB but lost, he sat in free agency for two seasons prior. Vince Young has been the definition of journeyman QB starting for several teams. Tavaris Jackson had a great year for the texans but was released. Jason campbell has been colts QB for like four seasons since they released Luck who was signed by chargers.

Seen a few times in news feeds where starting RBs were benched in favor of the backup but havent seen the same with QBs or anything else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #42
Rookie

Well this is coming from my new Jets Franchise:

Tim Tebow lead the jets to a 11-5 record and won an MVP in a season where he threw for 4300 yards and 45 TD's.... da fuq? (I simmed 14 games....) HE then decided he was worth $17million when I had to resign him that offseason- he is 78 ovr (dafuq?) I promptly said no.

JJ Watt hat 22 sacks, thats not that shocking. But RE Antonio Smith having an additional 16 sacks was shocking... Plus Brook Reeds 10... And Barwin's 9.... Seriously?

My LB core of Jay Dwyer, D. Davis, Vontaze Burfict, & Mercilus Whitney anchored the #3 D in the nation....

RE Couples decided to go nuts and get 11 sacks in the final 3 games of the regular season... I simmed them all.

Stephen hill had 1100 yards and 11 TD's on 42 receptions....

Ted Ginn Fumbled the ball 23 times for the 49ers (HOW THE HELL?)

Vince Young is the definition of a clutch QB (somehow), he played for the Chiefs in 2012-2013 and lead them to a Playoff appearance. So far he is 4-0 as the starting QB of the Cards.

The Chargers started off the season 6-0, but finished 7-9....

D. Revis had 7 Ints, 4 for TD's, 52 tackles, 10 CTCHA... But still lost DB of the Year to Q. Carter who had 3 Ints, 3 FF 65 tackles and 0 TD's.....

Browns signed Tebow on a 6 year 13 million dollar contract- then drafted a QB 3rd overall.....

Peyton Manning had 400 yards rushing and 6 RTD....
Old 12-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by penquin11
Tim Tebow lead the jets to a 11-5 record and won an MVP in a season where he threw for 4300 yards and 45 TD's.... da fuq? (I simmed 14 games....) HE then decided he was worth $17million when I had to resign him that offseason- he is 78 ovr (dafuq?) I promptly said no.
He's the MVP and just came off a 4300 yards/45 TDs season, why wouldn't he think he's worth 17 million?
Old 12-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
He's the MVP and just came off a 4300 yards/45 TDs season, why wouldn't he think he's worth 17 million?
I didn't think contracts went based off of stats- I was pretty sure they were ratings based. The real question is why did I have to resign him at all???

To put this in perspective I had a Panthers CCM where Cam Newton was 97 overall and was comming off of 4 (or 5) consecutive 4500 yrd 50+ TD years... He asked me for 18 million a year.....

Last edited by penquin11; 12-09-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by penquin11
I didn't think contracts went based off of stats- I was pretty sure they were ratings based. The real question is why did I have to resign him at all???

To put this in perspective I had a Panthers CCM where Cam Newton was 97 overall and was comming off of 4 (or 5) consecutive 4500 yrd 50+ TD years... He asked me for 18 million a year.....
Well, you were wrong, production plays a HUGE role in how much a player asks for. I had Cromartie in as my #2 CB in my Jets CCM and he had like 10 picks on the year, asked for about a trillion bucks as his contract was up. I franchise him and draft a new CB that starts the next season, and guess what, after not starting for a season and only having 1 pick Cromartie asks for less than half the money he wanted last year.

So it makes kind of sense that 2 QBs coming off comparable ridiculously effective seasons would ask for about the same amount of money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
My favorite is while playing a game of Madden and picking off a QB SIX times in one game, the QB never gets pulled.
I play as the chiefs, last night three years after I traded him out. Matt Cassell played against me on the 12-4 Bills in the AFC conference final (weird enough as that sounds). I picked him off their first 3 possessions all returned for touchdowns and he was not pulled, huh?

Preseason rolls around and Luck, RG3 and Trent richardson are all let go to FA (first time I had seen this happen!). And Eli Manning retires after all of 11 years in the league, so I can almost defintiely say the Giants will sign RG3 because that makes the least sense to me...

Last edited by Adamsin; 12-09-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #47
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

The last roster update removed Jovan Belcher from the "play now" roster. I started my first offline cc using custom rosters, and guess who shows up in the free agents...Jovan Belcher. Kinda made me uncomfortable that he's still able to be signed by a team.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #48
Rookie

Thing that really made me go Whaaaat was when the Broncos franchise tagged my player 6 seasons in a row...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »