Home

Whos the best HB you have drafted in a Rookie draft?

This is a discussion on Whos the best HB you have drafted in a Rookie draft? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2013, 09:58 PM   #33
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Whos the best HB you have drafted in a Rookie draft?

-1--D'Cota Bell BY FAR
I didnt want to have Greg Jennings anymore since the Packers got rid of him so I traded him early for Rnd 1 pick 23, and by the time the draft rolled around it turned into a 1st overall pick!!! Picked up D'Cota Bell who had 98spd, 93agi, 89awr, 85str, and great catching. His only downfall was his acc which starts at 89, and his low trucking rate, but with star prog. rate, and nothing else that needs improving, Im in my 3rd year with him, his overall is 93, he now has 99spd, 94acc, 82trk, has been to the probowl every year, won offensive rookie of the year and just had 302 carries, 1,992yds, 17tds, 2fum in his second year on ALL MADDEN with the cpu set at 99 rush D reaction time.

-2--Tobias Bray
67 overall, but I picked him up as an UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT!!!!! 99spd, great acc and agi, and he is a total beast. Rookie year behind D'Cota Bell(1,327yds) he had 670yds as a second string. Mostly cause by the 4th quarter Bell was at 20+ carries for 180+yds and 2tds in about 7 games last season. But this kid breaks off HUGE chunks of yards, and if he gets a step on a defender he is G.O.N.E.!!!!!!

-3--Gerard Matthews
Starts as a 67-68 overall but fast like Bray. Same play type but not as explosive or consistent, and has fumbling issues. If you hold on to the ball well he can be a great backup. I have him as my 3rd string back in case someone gets hurt.

Those are the only HBs I've drafted so far. Probably for a while cause Bray is DIRT cheap for such a remarkable back, and so is Mattews, and Bell is a bit expensive but an offensive centerpiece as he is one of the most talented Backs in the league within his first 2 years.

Other steals I've gotten are:

--TE-Kendall Dam
84ovr, 5th round, is an amazing deep threat tight end. I feel bad for having him because he gets almost NO action sitting behind Ruckus Cage on my depth Chart. But getting him late in the 5th he is SO cheap! Cage who had some huge drops in college dropped to late 1st round so I picked him up and he has become my #1 receiver threat getting about 1000+ yards a season. But you will have to make his catches yourself as he has questionable hands if you let the cpu make his catches.

--CB-Rashon Tucker
80ovr, 4th round, great man to man corner, quickly becomes #1 worthy. Great speed, decent hands, good mental game, wont be seeing him get torched very often. Needs acc of the bat as it starts at 89.

-LE--Jalen Young
85 ovr, 4th round(I picked him up in late 3rd) Really good 3-4 LE, good athletic stats. 75 speed, fast for a LE in a 3-4. Good enough stats that you can spend all his dev pts on his break blocking and power moves since they are low.

-WR--Daniel Keskoli
UDFA, 99spd. This kid is FAST. Poor catching, and will drop some, but absolutely my best deep threat. Rookie year he got 41 catches, for 967yds, and 7tds

-WR--Corin Ballard
Good speed, good attributes for everything but a horrendous awr that will never get anywhere good. Although adding to my team mostly for depth, not expecting him to give me much he has moved his way up to my #2 spot. He occasionally has games where he dissapears, but more often than not he is being under-rated by the D and can burn them for over 100yds easy. He has been on my team 3 years and started the last 2, getting over 900yds his first year and led our WR corps last year with 82 catches for 1,204yds, and 12tds, including one game with 12 catches for 208yds and 3tds. and 2 more games over 150yds late in the season.

-WR--Khiry Donaldson
Picked him up as an undrafted free agent. Not a great top 4 WR, but has 6 return TDs in 3yrs. Great return man but gets hurt a lot. When hes healthy hes a like young Devin Hester on punt returns.

-QB--Cameron Czaplewski
Was really surprised when I picked this kid up as the last remaining QB in the draft late in the 3rd round and he ended up being an 80ovr. Throws like a starter for sure. Too bad he didnt come around in a couple years when Rogers was closer to retirement, Im gonna have to trade him for some draft picks instead of training him to be the heir apparent.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #34
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Got a TE called Luke Seifert... Beast. 6,5 245 and I got him in a mid round. Also got a nice character model that matches his photo - he's bald with a beard.

89 speed, 82 str, 72 impact block, 60+ rbk and pbk, 70 elusiveness or something and 70+ awr. Very well rounded.

Need to up his catch a bit as its high 70s to start but he still catches most balls and is ridiculous after the catch.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:43 AM   #35
Rookie

Xavier Waters, I got him up to 99 speed and 90 trucking his rookie season, he is an absolute beast in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2013, 01:16 AM   #36
Rookie

Julio Caulder, Freakishly athletic lol
Old 06-01-2013, 01:31 AM   #37
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
Got a TE called Luke Seifert... Beast. 6,5 245 and I got him in a mid round. Also got a nice character model that matches his photo - he's bald with a beard.

89 speed, 82 str, 72 impact block, 60+ rbk and pbk, 70 elusiveness or something and 70+ awr. Very well rounded.

Need to up his catch a bit as its high 70s to start but he still catches most balls and is ridiculous after the catch.
wow... Didn't see it said HB in the thread title, my bad.

My fav HB I drafted was Steven Grant or Taukei Griggs.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #38
Rookie

Aleon Boudreaux. Awesome speed back and great elusiveness and agility. Keeping Jeremiah Banks on the bench for me.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #39
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markfb
Aleon Boudreaux. Awesome speed back and great elusiveness and agility. Keeping Jeremiah Banks on the bench for me.
Aerion Boudreaux? I have this guy and Bray both were in the same draft. Boudreaux is a beast 6 years in he has 8,440 yards on 1,458 carries with 106 rushing TDs.

I use bray as my return guy and he has 8 KR TDs and 12 PR TDs.

2020: 52-39
Old 06-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #40
Rookie

KENG55's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchiefs1984
A very easy back to miss, Christian Pearson from draft class 4. Through some draft day trades, ended up with the last pick in round 7 and took Pearson. Balanced back, spd 90, power 82, acc and agl 90, trk and stiff arm mid 80's, spin and juke low 90's, bcv 89, car 82, and decent catching attributes. Awareness is 25, but he runs like a beast.
Yes picked up HB Pearson in FA pool undrafted, great change of pace to Chris Johnson.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »