Home

Third year contract help!

This is a discussion on Third year contract help! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
Rookie

corndog86's Arena

OVR: 1
Third year contract help!

So I'm playing Connected Careers Player Mode and I just finished my third year and my contract expired. I'm was with the Cardinals and I wanted to finish out Larry Fitz's career with him but I'm not seeing any contract offers from Arizona. I just won Super Bowl MVP so why are they just letting me walk? Am I missing something? I'm playing online so I can't just play out the week to see what happens and then learn from my mistake. Has anyone else been in this situation?

Not to mention, the Cards let Ken Whisenhunt go and the twitter feed says they're a struggling franchise after winning the SB. Madden 13 everybody haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2012, 12:49 AM   #2
Rookie

Raging Raider's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Third year contract help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog86
Not to mention, the Cards let Ken Whisenhunt go and the twitter feed says they're a struggling franchise after winning the SB. Madden 13 everybody haha.
This can really happen if putting together that SB team lands them in salary cap hell the next year.

Can they afford to pay you the money you are worth?
Old 12-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
Rookie

corndog86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Raider
This can really happen if putting together that SB team lands them in salary cap hell the next year.

Can they afford to pay you the money you are worth?
Thanks for the reply!

Maybe this game should allow them to ask me for a hometown discount. Money is useless in this game so I'd play for $1,000 a year haha. I can't think of anytime in history a QB has been released after winning a SB and an MVP, breaking records along the way.

But since this is not a topic that comes up too much, I'd guess that this is a freak occurrence and just write it off to bad luck. Just gonna sign with the Seahawks and get my revenge! I'll miss Fitz and Ruckus Cage, though
Old 12-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
Rookie

corndog86's Arena

So I pressed delegate one too many times and now I'm being force retired with no warning after 3 historic seasons. Thank you to all my fans in probably one of the greatest sports stories of all-time. I guess I'll just pretend like I was killed in an off-season accident and start next year with another player. Gotta say Madden 13 creators did not put a lot of thought into this game. Really feels like a Beta product. Will rent M14 before I buy it and see if it's really worth it. Thanks EA!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #5
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog86
So I pressed delegate one too many times and now I'm being force retired with no warning after 3 historic seasons. Thank you to all my fans in probably one of the greatest sports stories of all-time. I guess I'll just pretend like I was killed in an off-season accident and start next year with another player. Gotta say Madden 13 creators did not put a lot of thought into this game. Really feels like a Beta product. Will rent M14 before I buy it and see if it's really worth it. Thanks EA!
What exactly does delagating a contact offer do? I am being offered 4 years 14 mil a year but I would like to try to sign less to give our team more options to free agents. Anyway to do this? or do I just take the offered contract?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #6
Just started!

OVR: 0

I'm being force retired with no warning after 3 historic seasons. Thank you to all my fans in probably one of the greatest sports stories of all-time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »