Home

these dont make sense

This is a discussion on these dont make sense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
these dont make sense

1. most receivers on most teams never progress much ( no 90+ wrs at all)

2.there are too many 85+ DE or DT( also they are easiest position to progress)

3. while OLB is hard to progress MLB is too easy

4. why is most cbs' tackle below 50? that means they easily miss taclking wr on open field?

5. safeties man cov is too low i think. thinking them lining up to slot receiver in most case, it doesnt make sense

do u agree with me or not?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: these dont make sense

Trying to make sense of this game and all of EAs shortcomings will put you on the fast track to a padded room.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
Rookie

they obviously didn't scale the progressions realistically in this rendition of CCM. as some others have suggested, maybe EA should have introduced/refined the infinity engine for m13, and introduced CCM in m14.

however, i really think it's fine. it truthfully DOES NOT come down to a players "overall rating" no matter how much people make of it.

i have a feeling CCM will be much more polished in m14. m13 was a MAJOR step forward for me, best one i've played since 05 when ray lewis was on the cover, for the PS2.

sure, m13 has its quirks, but to say its a broken game is rather petty and nitpicky imo. on an off topic note, i'm actually disappointed in NCAA13. NCAA has been my baby for years, and i feel EA dropped the ball on 13.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenavm
they obviously didn't scale the progressions realistically in this rendition of CCM. as some others have suggested, maybe EA should have introduced/refined the infinity engine for m13, and introduced CCM in m14.

however, i really think it's fine. it truthfully DOES NOT come down to a players "overall rating" no matter how much people make of it.

i have a feeling CCM will be much more polished in m14. m13 was a MAJOR step forward for me, best one i've played since 05 when ray lewis was on the cover, for the PS2.

sure, m13 has its quirks, but to say its a broken game is rather petty and nitpicky imo. on an off topic note, i'm actually disappointed in NCAA13. NCAA has been my baby for years, and i feel EA dropped the ball on 13.
i really hope 2ksports comes back and make quality football game

i have lost all faith on EA making any decent games
Old 12-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by heime2003
1. most receivers on most teams never progress much ( no 90+ wrs at all)

2.there are too many 85+ DE or DT( also they are easiest position to progress)

3. while OLB is hard to progress MLB is too easy

4. why is most cbs' tackle below 50? that means they easily miss taclking wr on open field?

5. safeties man cov is too low i think. thinking them lining up to slot receiver in most case, it doesnt make sense

do u agree with me or not?
CPU progression seems really bad. As for progressing user controlled teams I'm not seeing the issues you describe. For 1. and 2. you are probably focusing on OVR ratings too much. WR is a more dynamic so different player types will rate differently (OVR) in different schemes. Upgrading a WR across the board can be difficult since there are so many attributes but individually each attribute is fairly cheap. So I wouldn't say it's more difficult to progress WRs rather that you have to put more thought into it.

D-Line on the other hand only have a few meaningful attributes, but they tend to cost more. So as long as they accumulate XP it's easy to progress them.

For #3 I can't really say much either way. I haven't really progressed any LBs too much. All LBs seem difficult to progress, primarily for me because I play with 6 min quarters and they don't get enough tackles and that seems to be the primary XP source for LBs.

4. and 5. I don't see an issue.* Average CB tackle is 55 which seems just about right to me. Only about 20% of CBs have tackle under 50 and about 1/3 are above 60. To me average CB tackle between 50-60 with good being 65+ seems right. CBs are supposed to tackled WRs, most of whom don't have great elusiveness or trucking to break tackles.

Safety man coverage seems about right to with a average of 61. That includes both FS and SS. This makes almost perfect sense if you compare it to route running as 61 lies almost exactly in between the average HB route running and WR route running. A safety should be able to adequately man cover a HB and should have some trouble covering a WR, on average of course.

*ratings are from the original ratings reveal spreadsheet.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »