Home

Starting CCM with Latest Roster Update?

This is a discussion on Starting CCM with Latest Roster Update? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Starting CCM with Latest Roster Update?

I'm sure this has been talked about plenty before given that the game has been out since August. However, I just got the game a few days ago and I'm not even sure where to begin looking for the answer to this question.

When I start-up the game it asks me if I want to download the latest version of the player roster. I select yes and that file is saved. It then asks me if I want to download the latest offline career roster data. I select yes and that file is saved.

When I go to start my CCM it asks me if I want to use default career rosters, imported rosters, etc. I want the ones that have the higher ratings. For example, when I go to manage rosters on the main menu (not in career mode) Peyton Manning has a 98 overall rating. When I choose to start an offline CCM with the imported rosters he has an 91 overall rating. And when I choose to use the default career rosters he has an 89 overall rating.

Why does it do this? It's not a huge deal since everyone's ratings are lowered, but it's still frustrating and confusing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
This is due to schemes, so when you choose a scheme for QB with Peyton Manning it will take the stats from that scheme and apply it to overall, where as in play now you see their overall rating encompass ALL attributes. Kind of annoying but it helps you dictate which stats are most important to you when it comes to positions.

Like Chris Johnson will thrive in a speed back scheme but his overall will drop greatly in a power back scheme.

Fyi, they will still play to their potential but it won't show in their ratings.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Starting CCM with Latest Roster Update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
This is due to schemes, so when you choose a scheme for QB with Peyton Manning it will take the stats from that scheme and apply it to overall, where as in play now you see their overall rating encompass ALL attributes. Kind of annoying but it helps you dictate which stats are most important to you when it comes to positions.

Like Chris Johnson will thrive in a speed back scheme but his overall will drop greatly in a power back scheme.

Fyi, they will still play to their potential but it won't show in their ratings.
Appreciate it. This pretty much answers everything I wanted to know. I was concerned Peyton Manning would play like 89 or 91 overall Peyton Manning and not 98 overall Peyton Manning. But if the players still play up to their potential, that's all I needed to know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »