Home

Madden 2005 Would Be Perfect In My Opinion If

This is a discussion on Madden 2005 Would Be Perfect In My Opinion If within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2003, 10:40 PM   #1
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6
Madden 2005 Would Be Perfect In My Opinion If

The developers addressed some issues I have with the game.

Some things about Madden that need to be addressed include receivers not being able to gain inside leverage against defensive backs playing man coverage. The inside breaking routes like the post patterns, digs, deep ins, and slants which the receiver doesn't immediately slant off the line of scrimmage are the routes that can't consistently beat man coverage. This is regardless of the talent level of the receiver.

Offensive line play when it comes to pass protection is lacking.

The ability to redirect a player in motion needs to be added.

More formations in each teams playbook. It's mind boggling that some teams only have 10 formations in their playbook. Each team should have at least 25 formations in their playbook. Also, they should use real football terminology when naming plays. No more Singleback Normal S1ants.

Why did they take out all of the passing plays from the Goalline formation? When I see goalline I know the only thing the offense can do is run the ball. The only pass play is a play in which both backs hook over the middle. The lack of passing plays in this formation is lame.

Madden and Michaels commentary is so boring. They show no emotion whatsoever doing the play by play. The crowd doesn't sound like a real crowd. Also, why in the world does the crowd cheer for the road team when the road team scores or make a big play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2003, 12:59 AM   #2
Darth_Dorn

OVR:
Re: Madden 2005 Would Be Perfect In My Opinion If

Quote:

ADW said:
The ability to redirect a player in motion needs to be added.

Why did they take out all of the passing plays from the Goalline formation? When I see goalline I know the only thing the offense can do is run the ball. The only pass play is a play in which both backs hook over the middle. The lack of passing plays in this formation is lame.

I completely agree on these two. The ability to redirect a player going in motion would help so much. When you just want to see if they're playing man or zone, it would be nice to not have to wait so long. NCAA does this, why not Madden?

As for the second one, there absolutely has to be more passing plays in there. The only one in there right now is the play action that has the fullback and running back run hooks into the end zone. That just flat out doesn't work for the sheer fact that the middle is loaded with everyone considering more than likely, you're both running goal line plays. We need some where the tight ends go up and out, then have the running back go into the flats.

Old 11-10-2003, 05:05 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

they should copy what live did with the 10 man motion capture and do a 22 man mo-cap. that would probably help the pass coverage/reciever problems cause there would be more animations.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:51 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:

jey49 said:
they should copy what live did with the 10 man motion capture and do a 22 man mo-cap. that would probably help the pass coverage/reciever problems cause there would be more animations.

you're gonna have to wait for your ps3 to handle a situation like that
Old 11-10-2003, 03:32 PM   #5
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

There are no rollout or bootleg pass plays in the playbooks. When the quarterback tries to rollout he backpedals instead. The only way to rollout effectively is to turn off the passing icons and do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2003, 03:38 PM   #6
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

IF
Old 11-13-2003, 06:46 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

ADW said:
Offensive line play when it comes to pass protection is lacking.

Hmm...in my game, neither team has a pass rush at all unless pass rush is brought down to zero, and break block is brought up to 99. The pass rush should get to the QB is less than 3 seconds on every play.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:40 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

They also need to make it so that all DB's don't instantly go to the ball whenever it's thrown. Not only does this make the long pass difficult but it also hurts inside passing. If they could make it so the player had to be looking to see where the ball was it would be 10X better, even if it was just like NCAA where the whole secondary doesn't sworm to the ball it would be a lot better. Another thing i think they need more short passing plays, in an NFL game the majority of passes are thrown in the under 10 yard range and the playbooks don't reflect this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »