Home

Question about substitutions

This is a discussion on Question about substitutions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Question about substitutions

I am in the 2016 season as the St. Louis Rams.
I've tried really hard to put together an elite defense, don't ask about my offense.
And it's worked fairly well, I ranked No. 2 in total defense in 2015 and am No. 3 four games into 2016.
But one thing I've noticed, is that even though I have four DTs and four CBs with ratings of 80, my third string DE ends up playing a lot of snaps at DT.
My No. 4 DT plays fewer snaps at that position than before mentioned DE does.
At CB, my No. 5 CB gets more snaps than my No. 4. (And there is like a overall rating difference of 80 to 74 between those two players).
And conveniently, that's when I usually get burned for a long TD pass.
Any idea what adjustments I can make to get the proper people on the field?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
Rookie

preaceps's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Question about substitutions

its because of the sub settings and the way the depth chart is. I don't know off my head what the defaults are but try lowering your sub in setting for DT and raising your sub out setting for DE.

Basically your DT gets subbed out when his fatigue gets to, lets say, 80 based on the sub out setting. He wont re-enter the game until he hits your sub in setting of, lets say, 85. Now I believe the game has the DE as a default lower values, again lets say 75 and 80. It basically means that when you only have 4DT on your depth chart and all get to 80 fatigue then the computer automatically fills the next non-existant depth chart rating, most likely by your DE who is rated highly at that POS. And since he is a DE he won't come out until his fatigue is 75, unless your DT regens enough to enter the game.

So to sum up you can play with your sub settings, but raising stamina for your DT should help too.

Of course I might be backwards on the settings since I am not near my xbox right this second.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »