Home

Depth Charts

This is a discussion on Depth Charts within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2012, 07:55 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Depth Charts

This is just one of the things that I have hated in the Madden franchise. The depth chart. First, there should only be slots for the amount of players that you have at each position. For example, the Cowboys have two QB's and thus, should only have two slots on the depth chart. Not three. I hate it that every position has a set amount of slots despite the fact that you dont have enough players at that exact position to fill the slots or that you have extra players that cant be listed because there's no slot available (example, having six CB's but only five slots).

Second, I hate it that players from other positions are listed in several positions. For example, I have Justin Smith as a LDE (I moved him) and yet, there's OLB's listed higher than my backup LDE. This aggravates and annoys me to no end because its so damn stupid. If you need to move an LT to RT due to injury or whatnot, thats why changing player positions is a MUST in EVERY sports game period.

Quite honestly, im more frustrated with the management stuff than I am with the gameplay and compared to past years, thats saying a lot. Tiburon should remove both of those problems, the player position requirements and have an option to turn off auto subs (like they did in Madden NFL 2005). These four changes would improve the management aspect and I think solve a lot of depth chart problems.

At least it would for me.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:07 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Depth Charts

as a player who sims most games except a few important or interesting match up auto depth chart in madden has done poor job for me

i cant manually adjust chart every week or whenever injury occurs to players

this year things get worse i even dont see auto depth chart option

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »